Mandatory quarantine for14days

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Mandatory quarantine for14days

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 am
Freightdog wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:08 pm Well, finally, I’m on my way home. By the time quarantine is finished, it will be nearly 5 months since I left.

For those interested-

I’m travelling with Emirates, LHR - DXB -SIN - PNH. Jet star are operating the last sector from singers to PP.
Just curious. Are you returning by a different route? The DXB transfer would red list you on arrival at LHR?

BTW, that Jetstar flight is sardine city. I'd pay for an emergency exit row seat.
Dunno why he didn't just go with Singapore all the way, much less aggro.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 am Just curious. Are you returning by a different route? The DXB transfer would red list you on arrival at LHR?

BTW, that Jetstar flight is sardine city. I'd pay for an emergency exit row seat.
The jet star flight had less than 20 people on board.
I've not yet decided on how I'll manage the return. I might adjust it later, arriving into mainland Europe, and go straight to work. To get back to the UK, it may be necessary to use Singapore Airlines. Which I believe has a shorter transit, west bound. for now, I'm home.

Here's a link to a longer write up...
general-chatter/quarter-the-way-around- ... 45403.html
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:15 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 am
Freightdog wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:08 pm Well, finally, I’m on my way home. By the time quarantine is finished, it will be nearly 5 months since I left.

For those interested-

I’m travelling with Emirates, LHR - DXB -SIN - PNH. Jet star are operating the last sector from singers to PP.
Just curious. Are you returning by a different route? The DXB transfer would red list you on arrival at LHR?

Dunno why he didn't just go with Singapore all the way, much less aggro.
Not really
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:44 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:52 pm Quarantine on arrival has not been extended to 3 weeks.

The extended quarantine period applies to anyone who tests positive for the Delta variant, they will be quarantined in a dedicated quarantine/treatment facility separate from those who tested positive for other variants.

In true Khmer Times style, a poorly researched and written article, which is vague and misleading.

This article is not as misleading or vague...

https://cambodianess.com/article/pm-ord ... ta-variant
This implies they are sequencing all positive tests for arrivals. Impressive if true (which I doubt).
It applies to everyone in Cambodia who tests positive for the delta variant, not just those on arrival.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:40 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:52 pm Quarantine on arrival has not been extended to 3 weeks.

The extended quarantine period applies to anyone who tests positive for the Delta variant, they will be quarantined in a dedicated quarantine/treatment facility separate from those who tested positive for other variants.

In true Khmer Times style, a poorly researched and written article, which is vague and misleading.

This implies they are sequencing all positive tests for arrivals. Impressive if true (which I doubt).
It applies to everyone in Cambodia who tests positive for the delta variant, not just those on arrival.
Are you saying they are sequencing every positive result for the type of Covid-19 variant it is?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:52 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:40 am

Are you saying they are sequencing every positive result for the type of Covid-19 variant it is?
:lol: good luck with that. As far as I can see they do about 200 random samples per month. Now they need to do 5 times that per day
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

thinking outside the box>

find a way to carry the delta variant virus
after ur test in ur home country, before you fly, inject it into your body.
On arrival, you test positive and you will than get back ur full $2,000 deposit as ur insurance will kick in to cover your recovery

Anyone know where they put ya if ur a Barang if you test positive?
Is it in the massive confinement center with all the khmers or something nicer?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:52 am Are you saying they are sequencing every positive result for the type of Covid-19 variant it is?
No idea mate. Just trying to clear up the confusion, many people seemed to think that quarantine on arrival has been extended to 21 days, which it hasn't, they have just increased the period for quarantine in a dedicated quarantine/treatment facility for everyone who tests positive for the Delta variant.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:36 am thinking outside the box>

On arrival, you test positive and you will than get back ur full $2,000 deposit as ur insurance will kick in to cover your recovery

Haha, yea if your first test on arrival comes back positive for C19 you'll get the majority of your deposit refunded (minus transport, 1st PCR test, hotel expenses incurred while waiting for 1st test results, and bank fee). Forte C19 Insurance policy covers all expenses incurred from then on.

Several foreigners who have tested positive recently have reported been sent to the National Centre for Tuberculosis and Leprosy for quarantine/treatment.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:57 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:36 am thinking outside the box>

Haha, yea if your first test on arrival comes back positive for C19 you'll get the majority of your deposit refunded (minus transport, 1st PCR test, hotel expenses incurred while waiting for 1st test results, and bank fee). Forte C19 Insurance policy covers all expenses incurred from then on.

Several foreigners who have tested positive recently have reported been sent to the National Centre for Tuberculosis and Leprosy for quarantine/treatment.
Inject covid into a healthy body to save $1800 doesn't sound like a bargain to me.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic