Mandatory quarantine for14days

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
NiceGuyLou
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Mandatory quarantine for14days

Post by NiceGuyLou »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:19 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:22 am Why is it that just about every Cambodian thread have to turn into a thread about bloody Thailand :facepalm: :D
Not ABOUT,
just a side story
There are over a hundred quarantine hotels in Thailand. Why derail a thread about Cambodia to share this boring review of this uninteresting hotel in Thailand?
jaggop
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by jaggop »

Does anyone know which hotels are in play? In the beginning you could be lucky and go to Sokha and a few others, or you could lose the lottery and go to City Comfort Hotel (next to the airport - from what I have heard it should have been named Shitty Comfort Hotel) - so basically, sounds like you can get an expensive, but tolerable experience somewhere else, or go to City Comfort and get to pay $30 for food you wouldn't serve to even the most disobedient dog?

Basically, I have to return soon - but would like to know what my odds are of ending on City Comfort :)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

So far I have counted at least 20 different hotels that are being used, probably more. I'll compile a list when I have time, but a list is of no use to anyone anyway as you don't get a choice.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

jaggop wrote:Basically, I have to return soon - but would like to know what my odds are of ending on City Comfort :)
It could be worse. You might roll up to the Tian Yi. A quarantine hotel so bad that even Chinese complain about it and post on-line (in English).

Stay safe honey!
jaggop
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by jaggop »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:07 pm So far I have counted at least 20 different hotels that are being used, probably more. I'll compile a list when I have time, but a list is of no use to anyone anyway as you don't get a choice.
No, I mean only point would be to know your approximate chance of self-paid prison versus just wasting 2 weeks and some money. I have my 5-year old son with me, otherwise I would have just taken whatever and moaned a bit about the experience...
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Well you have a 1/20 chance at best. I'll let ya know once I've had a proper count of the hotels I know that are being used.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

jaggop wrote:Does anyone know which hotels are in play? In the beginning you could be lucky and go to Sokha and a few others, or you could lose the lottery and go to City Comfort Hotel (next to the airport - from what I have heard it should have been named Shitty Comfort Hotel) - so basically, sounds like you can get an expensive, but tolerable experience somewhere else, or go to City Comfort and get to pay $30 for food you wouldn't serve to even the most disobedient dog?

Basically, I have to return soon - but would like to know what my odds are of ending on City Comfort :)
I had the pleasure of quarantining in city comfort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:16 pm Well you have a 1/20 chance at best. I'll let ya know once I've had a proper count of the hotels I know that are being used.
Well, based on the hotels that I know of which are still currently being used for quarantine, you have a 1 in 31 chance of being quarantined at the City Comfort @jaggop, but there are many hotels which appear to be much worse, so good luck.

Here is a list of the hotels that I know of which are still currently being used for quarantine;

1. 8008 Hotel
2. Aurea Central Hotel
3. California International
4. Cardamom Hotel
5. China Wind Hotel
6. Chung Hsin Hotel
7. City Comfort Airport Hotel
8. City Comfort Hotel
9. City Comfort Hotel Olympic
10. City Ideal Hotel
11. Courtyard by Marriot
12. Dyvith Hotel
13. Essence Hotel
14. Frangipani Royal Palace Hotel
15. G Mekong Hotel
16. Himawari Hotel (A (Diplomatic) & B (Official) Visa Type holders only)
17. Kolab Sor Phnom Penh Hotel
18. LCS / Le Castle River Hotel & Apartments
19. Le Mont Hotel
20. Okay Boutique Hotel
21. Okay Relax Hotel
22. Olympia City Hotel
23. Phnom Penh Era Hotel
24. Phnom Penh Hotel
25. Poulo Wai Hotel & Apartments
26. Sokha Hotel & Residence
27. Sunway Hotel
28. Tai Xing Long Hotel
29. Tian Yi International Hotel
30. Town View Hotel
31. Toyoko Inn
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:16 pm Well you have a 1/20 chance at best. I'll let ya know once I've had a proper count of the hotels I know that are being used.
Well, based on the hotels that I know of which are still currently being used for quarantine, you have a 1 in 31 chance of being quarantined at the City Comfort [mention]jaggop[/mention], but there are many hotels which appear to be much worse, so good luck.

Here is a list of the hotels that I know of which are still currently being used for quarantine;

1. 8008 Hotel
2. Aurea Central Hotel
4. Cardamom Hotel
5. China Wind Hotel
6. Chung Hsin Hotel
8. City Comfort Hotel
10. City Ideal Hotel
11. Courtyard by Marriot
12. Dyvith Hotel
13. Essence Hotel
15. G Mekong Hotel
19. Le Mont Hotel
20. Okay Boutique Hotel
21. Okay Relax Hotel
22. Olympia City Hotel
23. Phnom Penh Era Hotel
24. Phnom Penh Hotel
27. Sunway Hotel
28. Tai Xing Long Hotel
30. Town View Hotel
31. Toyoko Inn
City comfort at the airport is also called City Ideal, i think they’re both the same hotel mate

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Mandatory quarantine for14days

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Well, based on the hotels that I know of which are still currently being used for quarantine, you have a 1 in 31 chance of being quarantined at the City Comfort [mention]jaggop[/mention], but there are many hotels which appear to be much worse, so good luck.

1. 8008 Hotel
2. Aurea Central Hotel
4. Cardamom Hotel
5. China Wind Hotel
6. Chung Hsin Hotel
8. City Comfort Hotel
10. City Ideal Hotel
11. Courtyard by Marriot
12. Dyvith Hotel
13. Essence Hotel
15. G Mekong Hotel
19. Le Mont Hotel
20. Okay Boutique Hotel
21. Okay Relax Hotel
22. Olympia City Hotel
23. Phnom Penh Era Hotel
24. Phnom Penh Hotel
27. Sunway Hotel
28. Tai Xing Long Hotel
30. Town View Hotel
31. Toyoko Inn
City comfort at the airport is also called City Ideal, i think they’re both the same hotel mate

This is the exact same location of the City Comfort near the airport, the hotel has two names for some reason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic