Best food delivery app

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Best food delivery app

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hi everyone,

I usually was the type to just go pick up food myself. But now wondering if these apps are better. Are there any differences between them and which one do you think is best?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Best food delivery app

Post by John Bingham »

Food Panda, sometimes Nham24.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I have written little bits about food panda on the thread "curry club". I find there are good discounts to be had.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

All right, I'll check those two out. Thanks!
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Post by BigDee »

NHAM24 would be my favorite until they lost KFC, much easier to navigate and pay via Visa.
Panda - i only use for KFC lol, must say it was easier to set up my address but limited for restaurant options out near the airport.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

BigDee wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:45 am NHAM24 would be my favorite until they lost KFC, much easier to navigate and pay via Visa.
Panda - i only use for KFC lol, must say it was easier to set up my address but limited for restaurant options out near the airport.
Yes, they seem to work on an catchment area around you, though one I kept on getting denied, I just kept on trying, next they allowed the delivery, also they had a few offers, such has the one you typed in with your order "STAYSAFE" and you got a discount even if there was a discount at the time on a restaurant. I also found if the delivery failed, I was awarded no less then a dollar on my next order, a little pain in a way but one evening I had been awarded $4 with failed delivery, or rather the restaurant not doing the order.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

NHAM24 defo seems to have more choice, but Foodpanda has a few restaurants with better deals. Like Carolina BBQ at 25-30% off compared to normal price on NHAM24 so it’s worth having a browse through both depending on what you are looking for.. I’ve downloaded E-gets recently for a peruse, but not ordered anything from it yet
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Food panda has some ridiculous discounts.

Just recently had the "pay with visa and get $3 off", birthday is 20% off.

They sent me some vouchers at $6 off.

If not using the discounts I always use nham24, a lot more choice.

Never had issues with either, except the driver parking up 50 yards from the location
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Food Panda is better for the end user

Nham24 better for merchants as less percentage taken and cash not withheld for a long time.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

following :D
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic