Best food delivery app

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: Best food delivery app

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

I used Nham24
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:15 pm Food Panda is better for the end user

Nham24 better for merchants as less percentage taken and cash not withheld for a long time.
I have actually been wondering how all this passably works out for the merchant, are they paying a percentage per delivery that food panda collects for their customers, and who works out the rate of discounts, obviously the more customers both are better off, but then again food panda has a larger outlay, with communication and media, and that of it's delivery staff.
I actually also was wondering one evening if it may have gone a good idea for such a service, the reason I say this is because of one evening l placed an order, I had a message on the app "order cancelled". Then again another message "sorry" with a discount of no less than $1.04 on my next order. I mean I still had to place an order again, then I received another cancelled order, due to food panda not getting a response form the restaurant, and another discount like the first. So it dawned on me its raining, so I made 3 orders, nothing big, a dish from each of two restaurants and drinks from another. Yes, that turned out to be another $3+ to the next order discount list.
It may well be food pandas policies that their delivery staff do not ride in the train because of extra added danger on the roads. But we know of the wet season, and that is why I question if its a good idea. Later I got my food delivery by tuk-tuk who did the usual tricks to try and rip me off.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:34 pm I have actually been wondering how all this passably works out for the merchant, are they paying a percentage per delivery that food panda collects for their customers, and who works out the rate of discounts, obviously the more customers both are better off, but then again food panda has a larger outlay, with communication and media, and that of it's delivery staff.
I actually also was wondering one evening if it may have gone a good idea for such a service, the reason I say this is because of one evening l placed an order, I had a message on the app "order cancelled". Then again another message "sorry" with a discount of no less than $1.04 on my next order. I mean I still had to place an order again, then I received another cancelled order, due to food panda not getting a response form the restaurant, and another discount like the first. So it dawned on me its raining, so I made 3 orders, nothing big, a dish from each of two restaurants and drinks from another. Yes, that turned out to be another $3+ to the next order discount list.
It may well be food pandas policies that their delivery staff do not ride in the train because of extra added danger on the roads. But we know of the wet season, and that is why I question if its a good idea. Later I got my food delivery by tuk-tuk who did the usual tricks to try and rip me off.
Foodpanda takes 15% - 30% cut from the total order sum. Plus they keep the possible delivery fee, if it's their guy doing the delivery. The discounts can be either totally covered by Foodpanda or it might be joint promotion where the merchant covers half and Foodpanda half for example.
AndyKK wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:34 pm It may well be food pandas policies that their delivery staff do not ride in the train because of extra added danger on the roads. But we know of the wet season, and that is why I question if its a good idea. Later I got my food delivery by tuk-tuk who did the usual tricks to try and rip me off.
It was just the restaurant failing to fulfill the order. Maybe it was closed or something. Their delivery guys will deliver what ever the weather is. Foodpanda pays the compensation you directly but I believe there is some penalty fee for restaurant too if they fail to fulfill orders frequently.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Nowadays, I find myself using e-gets more than Foodpanda or Nham. Mainly because I can order a hot authentic chinese meal at 3am with no issues. The supermarkets open till 2 am and the delivery is always on time.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I don't know why but I did, I decided to get a Pizza delivery from foodpanda, I download the app all good find a chicken pizza $6:25 get $3 off as first order good happy, tracking the order on the app cooking cooking then driver has picked up your meal will arrive in 5 minutes. I think I'll go down and meet the driver, well 45 minutes later still no sign of him, yes I waited that long was having a beer with touk touk driver so no probs, think stuff it went back upstairs 10 minutes later driver called he's downstairs, I was polite telling him bad luck I don't want a pizza that's been on the back of a bike for an hour.
Two phone calls from panda telling me my pizza arrived, I asked where the pizza come from to take a hour to get here ,no answer, order cancelled app deleted never again.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

atst wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:08 am I don't know why but I did, I decided to get a Pizza delivery from foodpanda, I download the app all good find a chicken pizza $6:25 get $3 off as first order good happy, tracking the order on the app cooking cooking then driver has picked up your meal will arrive in 5 minutes. I think I'll go down and meet the driver, well 45 minutes later still no sign of him, yes I waited that long was having a beer with touk touk driver so no probs, think stuff it went back upstairs 10 minutes later driver called he's downstairs, I was polite telling him bad luck I don't want a pizza that's been on the back of a bike for an hour.
Two phone calls from panda telling me my pizza arrived, I asked where the pizza come from to take a hour to get here ,no answer, order cancelled app deleted never again.
ive been using both apps over the past few weeks, at first i tried them both out equally, but now i dont even bother with food panda, you should try Nham24

what i like about Nham24 once your order is placed you then get a map with your location and the shop location pin pointed,
the restaurant will then confirm your order,
then as soon as a driver has accepted to collect your order, he pops up at a little motorbike on the map, and moves around GPS (like your driver on Passapp) so you can see his exact location,
you can watch him go to the shop to wait for the food to be ready,
you then get a notification saying he now has your order,
then you can watch him driving to your place to deliver the goods

for someone who gets hangry waiting for food, its great to see exactly where your food is, with food panda a few times i just been left in the dark with the odd message saying "your order is taking longer than expected" blah blah just watching that dial spinning round saying 5 minutes more, Nham24 is perfect
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

atst wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:08 am I don't know why but I did, I decided to get a Pizza delivery from foodpanda, I download the app all good find a chicken pizza $6:25 get $3 off as first order good happy, tracking the order on the app cooking cooking then driver has picked up your meal will arrive in 5 minutes. I think I'll go down and meet the driver, well 45 minutes later still no sign of him, yes I waited that long was having a beer with touk touk driver so no probs, think stuff it went back upstairs 10 minutes later driver called he's downstairs, I was polite telling him bad luck I don't want a pizza that's been on the back of a bike for an hour.
I was told that Foodpanda allows the drivers to accept more than one order at a time, this is why they suffer delays. Other apps don't notify the drivers of a delivery opportunity until they've delivered the job that they're on.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

xandreu wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:35 pm
I was told that Foodpanda allows the drivers to accept more than one order at a time, this is why they suffer delays. Other apps don't notify the drivers of a delivery opportunity until they've delivered the job that they're on.
yeah ive only used foodpanda a few times, and its not been reliable, Nham24 has been spot on everytime, love being able to track the location of the driver too
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic