Trouble

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Trouble

Post by AndyKK »

Having troubles with CEO site, uploading photos, but mainly when making a new thread, at times the computer screen will go blank, lost connection, when regaining the screen it will say on there "out of memory", but I have lots of memory, but nevertheless I will have lost all my work. Any idea or advice on the situation? Help please.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Trouble

Post by General Mackevili »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:39 am Having troubles with CEO site, uploading photos, but mainly when making a new thread, at times the computer screen will go blank, lost connection, when regaining the screen it will say on there "out of memory", but I have lots of memory, but nevertheless I will have lost all my work. Any idea or advice on the situation? Help please.
Yes, just passed it on to a developer about 12 hours ago. No ETA, but something is up. Not every time, but it does seem to timeout or something more often. Sorry about that. Might want to copy all your text before trying to upload the pics for now, just to minimize the chances of losing it all.

Will report back after they look into it.

If you can, take a screenshot of the issue next time it happens so we have more examples if needed.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

i also have problems uploading pictures sometimes...will take a screenshot next time and post/send to the Gen.
work is for people who cant find truffles
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:46 am
AndyKK wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:39 am Having troubles with CEO site, uploading photos, but mainly when making a new thread, at times the computer screen will go blank, lost connection, when regaining the screen it will say on there "out of memory", but I have lots of memory, but nevertheless I will have lost all my work. Any idea or advice on the situation? Help please.
Yes, just passed it on to a developer about 12 hours ago. No ETA, but something is up. Not every time, but it does seem to timeout or something more often. Sorry about that. Might want to copy all your text before trying to upload the pics for now, just to minimize the chances of losing it all.

If you can, take a screenshot of the issue next time it happens so we have more examples if needed.
I many times use word, so I will still have the original copy, but at times I have just been writing the odd but, and have lost it, but started again, but the problem has been often over the past few days, so I have taken to the smartphone, but that tends to have opparator problems with big clumsy thumbs.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

AndyKK wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:03 am
General Mackevili wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:46 am

I many times use word, so I will still have the original copy, but at times I have just been writing the odd but, and have lost it, but started again, but the problem has been often over the past few days, so I have taken to the smartphone, but that tends to have opparator problems with big clumsy thumbs.
Yeah, noticed it on mobile and laptop. Hopefully they can find the issue and fix it quickly.

Thanks again guys for reporting it, and we'll just have to wait and see what the dev says.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:39 am my work
CEO is indeed serious business. :tophat:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

nerdlinger wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:56 am
Yes, okay a better word would be lost my writing's or time possibly.
But even so unable now to post photos, so I am unable to take a screenshot and post, no worry's it maybe a Christmas glitch, let's see what happens after the festivities, merry Christmas to all.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

AndyKK wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:15 am
But even so unable now to post photos, so I am unable to take a screenshot and post, no worry's it maybe a Christmas glitch, let's see what happens after the festivities, merry Christmas to all.
Having troubles with uploading pics again? That should be sorted. I'm (unfortunately) guessing that it might just be on Imgur's end, as they've had random troubles, but they seem to only last a few hours before they fix it. As always, take a screenshot, if you can, to show us. I can't make much of error codes, but others can.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:33 am
AndyKK wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:15 am
Having troubles with uploading pics again? That should be sorted. I'm (unfortunately) guessing that it might just be on Imgur's end, as they've had random troubles, but they seem to only last a few hours before they fix it. As always, take a screenshot, if you can, to show us. I can't make much of error codes, but others can.
Got going again, knock down the resolution, not sure about Imgur.
philip.smith
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by philip.smith »

Phew, was worried we wouldn't see another photo of random street #3473 for a sec there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic