British Man Arrested for Sending Cannabis from the UK to Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Re: British Man Arrested for Sending Cannabis from the UK to Cambodia

Post by Cambo Dear »

Good old Medway town madness. How were the perforated teabags supposed to contain the stink? Why not send seeds if a higher grade was needed - the tropics are literally the best place to grow weed. This is just plain weird.
flea
BANNED

Post by flea »

Cambo Dear wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:42 pm Good old Medway town madness. How were the perforated teabags supposed to contain the stink? Why not send seeds if a higher grade was needed - the tropics are literally the best place to grow weed. This is just plain weird.
I have seen a few people try to grow but they weren't so successful have you been luckier in growing?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Marty wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:42 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:09 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:11 am
Marty wrote:There are different levels of tuk tuk drivers, I guess. I know ones that sell the best bud ever along with a treasure trove of other effective and safe drugs. When I want stolen goods like firearms or eye phones or appliances, tuk tuk drivers hook me up with the best products. Likewise when I want a hooker. Just specify what you want.
I would not categorize various grades of marijuana or cocaine, heroin, meth, LSD etc., as a safe and effective drugs.
What kind of drugs do you like? You seem like you missed out on some partying in your youth?
Noted. Why, do you party and do you share? Basically all drugs with the exception of LSD, angel dust, ketamine, and methamphetamine. No, I partied in my youth and particularly miss Quaaludes. Why'd they stop making those?

That's a whole lot of exceptions, you and New Kid would have gotten on well. Quaaludes/ Mandrax were a big thing in the 60s and 70s (long before my time BTW) , then when their side effects and addictive properties became apparent the production was stopped in most western countries. However production continued into the 90s in India, and many of these found their way to South Africa where it was very popular. In SA they would make a "bottle neck" which is basically just the neck of a wine bottle. Then they would mix the crushed up pills with Dagga, or weed. It was smoked like a chillum and was rather potent, I think I only tried it once. The funny thing about it was that because the pills were made in India they had a swastika pattern. One white SA guy turned up in London trying to trade a load of them for LSD, he was selling the LSD in the townships hoping that everyone would lose the plot and kill each other and apartheid could get going again. Nasty piece of shit. Interesting times.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Cambo Dear wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:42 pm Good old Medway town madness. How were the perforated teabags supposed to contain the stink? Why not send seeds if a higher grade was needed - the tropics are literally the best place to grow weed. This is just plain weird.
I don't think getting good quality seeds is a problem for the ones who may grow the finer and more exotic grades with a high THC/CBD content, there are Hybrid, Indica and Saliva strains, weed such as Kush, Northern Lights and Purple Haze. The seed suppliers have used mail order for many years. But to grow it here is another concern, the first being illegal to do so, the second although yes, the tropics are the best place because it is that of a natural plant growing here, but problem is when the rain comes and the plants are too young they won't survive. I would think who ever grows the good stuff will be done so indoors.

The guy in question may have needed for medical reasons, or sending it on for someone in need, and may not have thought of the consequences with it being legal in many countries, but on the other hand probably not, being he tried to make it appear like a good bag of Earl Gary, but could not disguise the aroma too well. But then he should take note of all the tea related packages now have a sense of suspicion.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

From the OP link:
It doesn't look like tea at all IMO. Not Chinese tea, or English tea either. Not even if you are a blind customs officer.
"Some of the seized cannabis"
:facepalm:
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:12 am
Marty wrote:There are different levels of tuk tuk drivers, I guess. I know ones that sell the best bud ever along with a treasure trove of other effective and safe drugs. When I want stolen goods like firearms or eye phones or appliances, tuk tuk drivers hook me up with the best products. Likewise when I want a hooker. Just specify what you want.
I would not categorize various grades of marijuana or cocaine, heroin, meth, LSD etc., as a safe and effective drugs.
What kind of drugs do you like? You seem like you missed out on some partying in your youth?
Noted. Why, do you party and do you share? Basically all drugs with the exception of LSD, angel dust, ketamine, and methamphetamine. No, I partied in my youth and particularly miss Quaaludes. Why'd they stop making those?

That's a whole lot of exceptions, you and New Kid would have gotten on well. Quaaludes/ Mandrax were a big thing in the 60s and 70s (long before my time BTW) , then when their side effects and addictive properties became apparent the production was stopped in most western countries. However production continued into the 90s in India, and many of these found their way to South Africa where it was very popular. In SA they would make a "bottle neck" which is basically just the neck of a wine bottle. Then they would mix the crushed up pills with Dagga, or weed. It was smoked like a chillum and was rather potent, I think I only tried it once. The funny thing about it was that because the pills were made in India they had a swastika pattern. One white SA guy turned up in London trying to trade a load of them for LSD, he was selling the LSD in the townships hoping that everyone would lose the plot and kill each other and apartheid could get going again. Nasty piece of shit. Interesting times.

Interesting info on Quaaludes, thanks. Sounds like the apartheid situation and that white SA guy was a kind of twist on Charlie Manson's race war: Instead of LSD causing a race war in his and his followers' heads, here was a clown who thought he could trigger a race war with LSD. As far as the exceptions go, I like to think I know enough about myself and have perused enough about personal harm/harm to society to know what fits my mindset. I'm under no illusion about the negative properties of these things. As far as exceptions go, I would sum it up and just say: Avoid street drugs. And as far as getting along with Nuke, this is such a lively forum that I would get along with nearly everyone here, whether they've got on rose colored glasses or are hard-bitten cynics. And I think most here also partake of the granddaddy drug of them all, booze. I sure do.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Marty wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:56 am
John Bingham wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:12 am

Interesting info on Quaaludes, thanks. Sounds like the apartheid situation and that white SA guy was a kind of twist on Charlie Manson's race war: Instead of LSD causing a race war in his and his followers' heads, here was a clown who thought he could trigger a race war with LSD. As far as the exceptions go, I like to think I know enough about myself and have perused enough about personal harm/harm to society to know what fits my mindset. I'm under no illusion about the negative properties of these things. As far as exceptions go, I would sum it up and just say: Avoid street drugs. And as far as getting along with Nuke, this is such a lively forum that I would get along with nearly everyone here, whether they've got on rose colored glasses or are hard-bitten cynics. And I think most here also partake of the granddaddy drug of them all, booze. I sure do.
There was a great movie with di caprio, think it was called wolf of wall street based on a true story about a guy who was addicted to quaaludes,. Worth a watch, great movie
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Yes, seen it!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Tea bags LOL>>>>

one took quaaludes to take the edge off the coke.

A walk down memory lane

My drugs, ( yes multitude) of choice in the 60's ( 65-----) were
Grass, Coke, Black beauties, LSD, Angel dust, Hash, Budweiser, JD & Coke, Tanqueray
and nothing beat an either/glue high. Goes without saying, from 66-70 i was fucked up
The rumor is that when Johnny Depp was researching the character of Raoul Duke for Fear and Loathing, he asked Hunter S. Thompson what the effects of ether felt like (considering he'd never done it before). Hunter replied 'It's like drinking 23 bottles of wine in 5 seconds.' That's the best description I've heard for a proper ether high (if you can call it a high)
in the 70's i eliminated the either, angel dust, glue an the bennies and cut back on the lsd, (quit in 74)
added peyote and dilaudid & coke shots, cut back on the Budweiser

by the 80's
had eliminated the bud, peyote & dilaudid entirely and cut back on the Jack & Coke

By the 90's
only left with coke, hash and grass and added Grey goose in the very late 90's

by 2000
eliminated the coke

I wouldn't take anything from a tuk tuk driver and only a fool would, not only will you get crap but your then known
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
flea
BANNED

Post by flea »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:48 pm Image
Tea bags LOL>>>>

one took quaaludes to take the edge off the coke.

A walk down memory lane

My drugs, ( yes multitude) of choice in the 60's ( 65-----) were
Grass, Coke, Black beauties, LSD, Angel dust, Hash, Budweiser, JD & Coke, Tanqueray
and nothing beat an either/glue high. Goes without saying, from 66-70 i was fucked up
The rumor is that when Johnny Depp was researching the character of Raoul Duke for Fear and Loathing, he asked Hunter S. Thompson what the effects of ether felt like (considering he'd never done it before). Hunter replied 'It's like drinking 23 bottles of wine in 5 seconds.' That's the best description I've heard for a proper ether high (if you can call it a high)
in the 70's i eliminated the either, angel dust, glue an the bennies and cut back on the lsd, (quit in 74)
added peyote and dilaudid & coke shots, cut back on the Budweiser

by the 80's
had eliminated the bud, peyote & dilaudid entirely and cut back on the Jack & Coke

By the 90's
only left with coke, hash and grass and added Grey goose in the very late 90's

by 2000
eliminated the coke

I wouldn't take anything from a tuk tuk driver and only a fool would, not only will you get crap but your then known

Do you think all those drugs affected your punctuation in later life?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic