4-Stripes Officer Accused of Revenge Shooting in Phnom Penh Street

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

4-Stripes Officer Accused of Revenge Shooting in Phnom Penh Street

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On December 9, 2020, a 39-year-old man, Ken Phareth, a 4-stripes officer at the Ministry of the Interior, shot a man for revenge on street 371, Sangkat Beung Tumpon1, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh. The victim, Bun Sim, a 39-year-old man, got shot twice in the legs.
ImageImage
Before the incident, the victim and his friends went to eat something in the Beung Trobek area. Suddenly, the suspect, who the victim used to know, got out of his car and came to talk to his friends. After that, he went back to his car, opened the car window and used a pistol to shoot at the victim who was standing across the road. The suspect shot at the victim's leg twice and the glass door. Then, he escaped in his car. The victim went to the hospital for treatment.

Beung Tompon police and Khan Dongkor police went to the scene, but they didn't want to take the case. So, the victim collected the evidence, waiting to file a complaint at the police station.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: 4-Star Officer Accused of Revenge Shooting in Phnom Penh Street

Post by Phnom Poon »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:56 pm Beung Tompon police and Khan Dongkor police went to the scene, but they didn't want to take the case.
wtf?

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

It's ok if he limps though the streets of PP eventually he will find a policeman not to busy sleeping or playing cards to take his case.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Fuxake, it seems like most of the shootings here are drunk security forces, with the odd Chinese. The locals are caught the odd time but usually with some rusted shit-box that's been stored in a swamp for decades or home-made air guns.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

Surprised that the local cops didn't want to be involved Phnom Poon?
Look at the facts as per the article -
The suspect is a 4 star officer at the Ministry of the Interior.
So obviously has the family money to back him up I would say and being aged 39 that's a bloody quick promotion in anyone's military. The local cops don't want to get involved as the poo will surely hit the fan at some point and they don't want to be involved obviously. Will they be rebuked for doing a runner? Highly doubtful. Will word get back to HE and he will investigate? Again not if no one says anything.
On a side note the clown has what looks to be at least nine medals (ribbons as we call them on everyday uniforms which are the cloth version of the medal) on his left shirt front plus what looks to be a medal signifying he picked up the Rising Sun Award for most bottle tops collected. I can't honestly see, unless they are like Boy Scout badges, how he could have been awarded so many as apart from the recent UN sponsored peace keeping missions and their own civil wars which he would have been a bit young for I doubt he has been in a danger zone let fired or even heard a shot fired in anger. Apologies he has fired his own shots in anger so he'll probably be awarded another medal.
This, like so many other cases before this involving those with money and friends and reported almost regularly on CEO, will be taken care of by a little hush money to the victim and the 4 star will go back to his office and worry about when his allowance money is coming in the brown paper bag.
There are two levels of law in Cambodia it would seem and the rich are sitting on the best side of that.
Mav Ryan
Tourist
Aruba

Post by Mav Ryan »

:good: "the rich are getting richer ,while the poor get the picture "
Midnight - oil ( Aussie music band ,1990s ) .
flea
BANNED

Post by flea »

He has four bars not four stars. I'm not sure without looking up but I think it's like a major or something? I could be wrong
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

flea wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:55 pm He has four bars not four stars. I'm not sure without looking up but I think it's like a major or something? I could be wrong
Not only have you promoted that assclown to officer status, you have promoted him to the middle of the officer ranks. The Cambodian military ranks are too inflated. A 4 star general doesn't mean much. Heck, bring back the 5 star general ranking and even have 6, 7, and up to 10 star generals. That ought to fix things.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Victim might have been too slow bringing Mr. 4-star his drink.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

flea wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:55 pm He has four bars not four stars. I'm not sure without looking up but I think it's like a major or something? I could be wrong
It appears you are correct!

https://pjcoggan.wordpress.com/2015/04/ ... -insignia/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic