Rich and Famous Flout the Covid Rules

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Rich and Famous Flout the Covid Rules

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

It's not only in Cambodia that the elite are flouting the Covid quaratine regulations.

Rita Ora apologises for second breach of Covid lockdown restrictions
Singer should have been self-isolating after trip to Egypt when she celebrated birthday at London venue
Jedidajah Otte
Sat 5 Dec 2020 23.34 GMT
Last modified on Sun 6 Dec 2020 00.19 GMT

British singer Rita Ora has apologised after reports emerged that she should have been self-isolating when she celebrated her birthday at a London restaurant last month.

The 30-year-old flew to Egypt in a private jet on 21 November to perform at the five-star W Hotel in Cairo, an appearance for which she was paid a six-figure sum, the Mail on Sunday reported.

She returned to England the next day and was required, as per government quarantine rules, to self-isolate for 14 days.

Instead, Ora attended her own birthday party at the Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill, west London on 28 November – itself a breach of coronavirus restrictions for which she has previously apologised.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... -isolating
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: Rich and Famous Flout the Covid Rules

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Been happening in Australia for months:
https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affa ... 597ae72cc4
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:40 pm Been happening in Australia for months:
https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affa ... 597ae72cc4
Australian the lucky country if you're rich and famous, it used to be for everyone, it's not the same place I migrated to in 1983 thats for sure.give everyone a fare go has gone from the australian vocabulary
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UK Rules ! ? Who cares ?
After the lockdown, the shopdown. British shoppers go crazy in London's Regent Street.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:31 pm UK Rules ! ? Who cares ?
After the lockdown, the shopdown. British shoppers go crazy in London's Regent Street.
Briggate, Leeds, UK used to look the same many years ago with festive shoppers, I bet many members recall the same in their many hometowns, the biggest decline came with online shopping, but the damage by covid19 will surely be felt.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

The punishment for violating coronavirus restrictions in the UK is a fixed fine. Only poor people have to stay at home.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

nerdlinger wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:31 am The punishment for violating coronavirus restrictions in the UK is a fixed fine. Only poor people have to stay at home.
How much ? (For the fine).
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

It is not such an issue here in OZ right now, but in the early days when social distancing was first recommended i saw very clearly how the very wealthy thought they were "special".
Social distancing protocols were studiously and pointedly ignored. Almost like making a statement.

This is not an automatic Leftie rant at the rich (i don't do that, much). It struck me so clearly that i keep observing, to make sure it was not just my prejudice. Confirmed, again and again and again.

That's how deep the attitude of "being above" the cares of the masses goes.
And their belief that the rules simply do not apply to them - even the rules of biology < that's how deep their belief in their own "specialness' runs.

Of course the first wave hit the $5mill+/house suburbs hardest
- and their mums and dads in the highest priced 5-star Aged Care homes were the first to die en-mass.

Of course that attitude all changed when they realised the virus did not consider them special - at all.
The rich are amongst the biggest fans of social-class distancing now. They have retreated inside their guilded walls, country properties and exclusive holiday destinations.
After all, their lives are so precious and must be protected at all cost.

just an observation
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:37 am It is not such an issue here in OZ right now, but in the early days when social distancing was first recommended i saw very clearly how the very wealthy thought they were "special".
Social distancing protocols were studiously and pointedly ignored. Almost like making a statement.

This is not an automatic Leftie rant at the rich (i don't do that, much). It struck me so clearly that i keep observing, to make sure it was not just my prejudice. Confirmed, again and again and again.

That's how deep the attitude of "being above" the cares of the masses goes.
And their belief that the rules simply do not apply to them - even the rules of biology < that's how deep their belief in their own "specialness' runs.

Of course the first wave hit the $5mill+/house suburbs hardest
- and their mums and dads in the highest priced 5-star Aged Care homes were the first to die en-mass.

Of course that attitude all changed when they realised the virus did not consider them special - at all.
The rich are amongst the biggest fans of social-class distancing now. They have retreated inside their guilded walls, country properties and exclusive holiday destinations.
After all, their lives are so precious and must be protected at all cost.

just an observation

we're all in this together... what a joke!
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Millionaire who fled Victoria's coronavirus lockdown to Queensland on superyacht is fined:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic