Rich and Famous Flout the Covid Rules

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Rich and Famous Flout the Covid Rules

Post by Doc67 »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:02 am Millionaire who fled Victoria's coronavirus lockdown to Queensland on superyacht is fined:
There's no point having piles of money or being part of the ruling elite if you can't flout the laws designed for the hoi polloi. We all do it to some extent; doing 40mph in a 30mph zone? It's ok, you're a good driver, the law is for bad drivers.

This is why we see so many 'leaders' and celebrities getting infected. It's now worth getting a dose for a bit of much needed publicity and sympathy. God forbid we might start to forget them.

I doubt they have barely changed their schedules, they just don't publish their comings and goings to promote themselves and no photo-ops sought. Most don't even get fined when they get caught. Make fines progressive, like taxation, and start with 1% of your net worth.

Worth $1 Billion? That'll be $10,000,000 please! They wouldn't show off so much about their wealth then.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

watching news clips of Giuliani traveling around the country the past few days, shaking hands, hugging, having pics taken with various people.
one has to wonder,
How fucking stupid can you be?

Stay the fuck at home
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Rita who?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:28 am watching news clips of Giuliani traveling around the country the past few days, shaking hands, hugging, having pics taken with various people.
one has to wonder,

Stay the fuck at home
I read somewhere he was on a $50,000 daily retainer. I might flout a regulation or two for that kind of money. But he is 76, so he is playing with fire a bit.

We have yet to have a big death, someone very rich or famous, a royal or a senior politician. Boris came close. Maybe Rudy will be the one.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:37 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:28 am watching news clips of Giuliani traveling around the country the past few days, shaking hands, hugging, having pics taken with various people.
one has to wonder,

Stay the fuck at home
I read somewhere he was on a $50,000 daily retainer. I might flout a regulation or two for that kind of money. But he is 76, so he is playing with fire a bit.

We have yet to have a big death, someone very rich or famous, a royal or a senior politician. Boris came close. Maybe Rudy will be the one.
Nah, he will get access to the special presidential treatment, like Ben Carson, with presidential approval.
That's how the buddy system works for mobsters while they shit on everybody else.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

atst wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:55 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:40 pm Been happening in Australia for months:
https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affa ... 597ae72cc4
Australian the lucky country if you're rich and famous, it used to be for everyone, it's not the same place I migrated to in 1983 thats for sure.give everyone a fare go has gone from the australian vocabulary
Isn't any country "the lucky country if you're rich and famous?" Everywhere I've traveled and lived, I've seen how the rich and famous live their best lives and flout any inconvenient rules. That's just how it works. I think it's always been that way too, at least since humans have been around.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:54 am
nerdlinger wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:31 am The punishment for violating coronavirus restrictions in the UK is a fixed fine. Only poor people have to stay at home.
How much ? (For the fine).
Varies from one day and region to another but at the moment I think it’s £200 first offence. It was something like £60 originally, which is less than a lot of people spend on a night out.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

techietraveller84 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:26 am
atst wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:55 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:40 pm Been happening in Australia for months:
https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affa ... 597ae72cc4
Australian the lucky country if you're rich and famous, it used to be for everyone, it's not the same place I migrated to in 1983 thats for sure.give everyone a fare go has gone from the australian vocabulary
Isn't any country "the lucky country if you're rich and famous?" Everywhere I've traveled and lived, I've seen how the rich and famous live their best lives and flout any inconvenient rules. That's just how it works. I think it's always been that way too, at least since humans have been around.
Back then everyone could get a permanent job, career by a house on one income work only 5 days week, shops closed weekends, Saturday was for sports Sunday picnics. Funny how now we can't afford to live like that now, in the name of progress.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

Rules for thee, not for me. Same as it ever was.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

atst wrote:Back then everyone could get a permanent job, career by a house on one income work only 5 days week, shops closed weekends, Saturday was for sports Sunday picnics. Funny how now we can't afford to live like that now, in the name of progress.
Living on a single income is still possible. Easy litmus test. How many expats living in Cambodia have both spouses working? Or how many single expats live in the Kingdom of Wonder? Heck, some westerners even ‘retire’ at age 30-40s with growing families.

It’s all about expectations. Live like people lived back then, it’s possible. Live with all the advertising saying that one must have now, then it’s a different story.

Until the virus hit, that is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic