Primates at homes.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Shazzac
Tourist
United States of America

Primates at homes.

Post by Shazzac »

Hi guys
Guess this is a long shot, any help on helping the monkeys that cameramen are abusing at their homes.
I was in cambodia back in March for a holiday, had to come back due to Covid.
I am so shocked at all the abuse that the monkeys are suffering.
I am constantly reporting to the Authorities, I have names and addresses of them, also their number plates.
Is their anything I can do?
Or someone that will listen.
YouTube are being bombarded to stop showing abuse.
Surely through fines and prosecution, the money would be of great use to the country.
Some of the owners of monkeys are earning $78.000 and more per month.
Please anyone if you can advise me.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Re: Primates at homes.

Post by khmerhamster »

People are making $78k per month abusing monkeys?

I'm intrigued.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

That claim of people making $78k per month abusing monkeys is completely and utterly preposterous.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Shazzac wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:57 am
Guess this is a long shot, any help on helping the monkeys that cameramen are abusing at their homes.
I know a few cameramen but none of them have monkeys in their houses. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

I have a camera in my house. I have a monkey on my back and in my house and everywhere I go. I am verbally abusive in my house. Close enough?
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

How were they being abused?
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Yobbo wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:35 pm How were they being abused?
I suppose if I had abused them, it would be verbal. But since monkeys do not understand English, could my verbal abuse even be considered abuse at all? And I'd like a little piece of that $78k action for all my efforts.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

If I can use a contractor I will do it for half
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I don't think anyone is really sure what you're talking about. I certainly don't. The only monkey abuse story I'm aware of is the recent clearing of the monkeys around Angkor Wat but you say you witnessed this abuse back in March, which was way before the clearing (cull?) started.

Can you give us more context?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

AUTHORITIES FINALLY REMOVE ABUSED MONKEYS FROM TEMPLE IN CAMBODIA-VO'S HAVE A HISSY FIT!
1 OF 2

Jan 4, 2021
VOs ARE UP IN ARMS WHEN THESE ABUSIVE A**HOLES FINALLY GET WHAT'S COMING TO THEM AFTER YEARS OF ABUSING THE MONKEYS AT THE TEMPLE! MOST OF THE MONKEYS ARE NOW MORBIDLY OBESE, SUFFERING FROM DIABETES, TOOTH DECAY, AND ILLNESS, DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY OVERFEED THEM WITH HUMAN FOOD, JUNK, AND TOO MUCH FRUIT, IN ORDER TO FILM THEM! THEY ALSO FEED THEM OUT-OF-TURN, ESPECIALLY INFANTS, TO INCITE ADULT HIGH-RANKING MONKEYS TO ATTACK THEM FOR DRAMA! NOW THE MONKEYS EXPECT ALL HUMANS TO FEED THEM AND HAVE STOPPED FORAGING! IF THEY DO NOT GET FED, THEY ATTACK AND BITE TOURISTS! THE VOs HAVE ALSO BEEN HARMING MONKEYS, CAUSING INJURY AND DEATH REPEATEDLY FOR CONTENT! IN PLAIN TEXT, THEY DESCRIBE WHAT THEY THINK OF MOST OF THEIR WESTERN VIEWERS: "First World people are STUPID!"
PLEASE SEE PART 2!

AUTHORITIES FINALLY REMOVE ABUSED MONKEYS FROM TEMPLE IN CAMBODIA-VOs HAVE A HISSY FIT!
2 OF 2

Jan 4, 2021
REMOVING VOs FROM THE AREAS OF WILD MONKEYS MEANS NO MORE HARM FOR THEM! MONKEYS CAN THEN CONTINUE LIVING IN PEACE. NOW, WE NEED TO START TARGETING THE MONKEY OWNERS, ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO SHOW FALSE LOVE WHILE CONSTANTLY PERFORMING ABUSE-THE DAK LAK GANG, LED BY ABU'S OWNER NGUYET, CUONG, TUNG, TINH, OTHERS IN VIETNAM, AND SAKOR AND OTHERS IN CAMBODIA. NEW ONES ARE POPPING UP IN OTHER COUNTRIES AS WELL! WE CAN ACCOMPLISH THIS GOAL IF WE ARE OF ONE MIND. LET'S BE THE VOICE FOR VOICELESS PRIMATES! PLEASE STOP SENDING DONATIONS TO THESE OWNERS ON YOUTUBE CHANNELS! DO NOT BE BULLIED BY MODERATORS SUCH AS LINDA THORNTON, LINDA LEO, AND MARIA "MOM OF 3" RESCINITI! CONSIDER DONATING TO WORTHY GROUPS SUCH AS VERVET FOUNDATION, PETA Asia, AND EPRC IN VIETNAM WITH MULTIPLE RESCUES FOR ENDANGERED PRIMATES!! THANK YOU!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic