who is still waiting for a refund for flight cancellation?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

who is still waiting for a refund for flight cancellation?

Post by truffledog »

LH still has not paid back my flights cancelled in march. I received the last mail on october 9th asking for patience..since then no answers to my requests. I just wonder how many other airlines still failed to pay out.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: who is still waiting for a refund for flight cancellation?

Post by Anchor Moy »

truffledog wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:26 am LH still has not paid back my flights cancelled in march. I received the last mail on october 9th asking for patience..since then no answers to my requests. I just wonder how many other airlines still failed to pay out.
Who is LH ?
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:31 am
truffledog wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:26 am LH still has not paid back my flights cancelled in march. I received the last mail on october 9th asking for patience..since then no answers to my requests. I just wonder how many other airlines still failed to pay out.
Who is LH ?
Exactly my 1st thought too
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

LH= Lufthansa
work is for people who cant find truffles
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Good luck TD. A European friend who had a flight cancelled on Singapore Airlines told me that they contacted the office in Paris last week (about a flight refund) and it was closed. They sent the airline a registered letter which was returned as "return to sender" ( nobody home) or whatever the expression is.
Sorry, not very useful, but FYI - you are not alone
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

I did not get a refund but a USA-based airline gave me a "credit certificate". That is fine except it has an expiration date of March, 2021 and I doubt it is back to normal airline flights by then. If not, then $1000 gone. Good luck but you (we) are probably fighting an improbable battle with the airlines.

They asked "what is LH"? Really guys. What is VN, UA, SQ, BA? Sorry to shock you but did you also know there are abbreviations for airports too? Really, I am not joking.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

Philippine Airlines are useless so I am not expecting a refund in 2020.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I'm sitting with an unutilised return leg Bangkok to London with Etihad and a LHR-BKK-LHR with Thai. The Thai one now has an expiry of Dec 2021 which is okay with me given their whole restructuring issue and the fact that's the earliest I would now consider travelling. I decided not to bother chasing the refunds as I'm still hoping to use the tickets by the end of next year.

I got a refund from Vietnam Airways without chasing them, just let them work through the process in their own time. If I get to Vietnam at some point in the future I will use them purely on the basis of them fulfilling their contractual obligations in a reasonable timeframe.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Thai airways Syd/bkk/pp 28th April, booked though expedia, Qantas voucher Syd/sing/pp 2nd June.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:45 am Thai airways Syd/bkk/pp 28th April, booked though expedia, Qantas voucher Syd/sing/pp 2nd June.
KLM AMS-BKK 4 persons april 2020.
China Southern PNH-CAN-BKK may 2020
Emirates PNH-BKK april 2020, july 2020, okt 2020
Xiamen Airlines 3 persons PNH-AMS sept 2020.

All in all so far about 6k down the drain I guess.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic