Cambodian travel restrictions

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Cambodian travel restrictions

Post by garthkiddell »

Alot of you wouldnot know whats going on at the borders. I got shut out around march and could not get backin. just twomonths ago i made abig efford and got the covid test done and insurance, got tothe cambodia border and got turned back again. not just me but 4others .why because we had no signuture or stamp on our tests. even when we got the tests sorted out backhome they wouldnt at sthkorea lets us try again and we allhad to fly back home and australia is very expensive. So if any of you are leaving for a holiday out of the country dont, the world gone paronoid,stay where you are till this virus thing is killed
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cambodian travel restrictions

Post by jaynewcastle »

I thought the borders had been closed for many months, and you could only in the last few months fly into Cambodia ?, obviously having all the required paperwork & the $2000 deposit for your testing & quarantine

As I have no interest in travelling to Cambodia currently, I have paid very little attention to current entry requirements, but the above is what I have picked up from various posts & threads

Anybody seriously considering to travel to Cambodia needs to do in-depth research into the current procedures & requirements
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@jaynewcastle international flights were never stopped, foreigners have been able to enter the whole time as long as they meet the requirements.

@garthkiddell sorry to hear about your bad experiences, but the requirements have been very clear from the outset. You obviously failed to conduct thorough research prior to travelling.

I have just entered Cambodia for the 2nd time since travel restrictions were introduced, not one issue.

If you are struggling to find the information required, I would advise you to join the Facebook group "Cambodia Visa and Work Permit Group" for the most current, comprehensive and accurate information and advice, along with plenty of first hand reports.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Welcome back Trapper.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Post by garthkiddell »

i did alot of research .nowhere did they say signature is needed on test . woman aschool teacher here for three years turned away another with a job in govern also turned away the officer in charge stated it was only the europeans whowere getting returned .i had a retirement visa and allmy stuff stored their in phnom penh. he was just a been a arsehole.maybe because the flights came in late at night
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

garthkiddell wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:04 pm i did alot of research .nowhere did they say signature is needed on test . woman aschool teacher here for three years turned away another with a job in govern also turned away the officer in charge stated it was only the europeans whowere getting returned .i had a retirement visa and allmy stuff stored their in phnom penh. he was just a been a arsehole.maybe because the flights came in late at night
I don't know where you got your information from, but the immigration requirements are very clear:
- Test certificate (original, not copy or digital)
- Clearly stating negative result
- Stamped by clinic and signed by medical professional in ink
- Date of test shown (this is a tricky one - some airlines say within 72 hours of departure, some 72 hours of arrival - the latter is your best bet).
- Valid 'E' visa
- Forte 20-day Covid insurance
These requirements have been in place for quite a while, and usually the documents are scrutinised at airline check-in desk to make sure they comply. There are no land-border entries allowed.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:10 am @jaynewcastle international flights were never stopped, foreigners have been able to enter the whole time as long as they meet the requirements.

@garthkiddell sorry to hear about your bad experiences, but the requirements have been very clear from the outset. You obviously failed to conduct thorough research prior to travelling.

I have just entered Cambodia for the 2nd time since travel restrictions were introduced, not one issue.

If you are struggling to find the information required, I would advise you to join the Facebook group "Cambodia Visa and Work Permit Group" for the most current, comprehensive and accurate information and advice, along with plenty of first hand reports.
Welcome back, you must enjoy the PCR tests with all your comings and goings.

Did you have any choice about what hotel they took you to? As it is now for 14 days, a choice might be nice. Are the hotels all the same set rate or this another hit or miss game?

I ask because another member PM me and asked a few questions about hotels when you get here and the issue of choice arose given the new 14 day requirements.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

@PSD-Kiwi, I assume you have a work permit or had something solid in the passport already?

PS. I don't know why I can't tag anyone properly.
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Post by garthkiddell »

yes i know its written on . facebook the cambodian officials also told us that but who would look on facebook
its not on any official docs.
No i think ill wait for the vacine to clear it out. The world is to parnoid at present tourists arent welcome
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

garthkiddell wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:48 pm yes i know its written on . facebook the cambodian officials also told us that but who would look on facebook
its not on any official docs.
No i think ill wait for the vacine to clear it out. The world is to parnoid at present tourists arent welcome
It is quoted in an official Cambodian doc

https://i.imgur.com/iYw9PYU.jpg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic