Cambodian travel restrictions

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Cambodian travel restrictions

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:44 pm @PSD-Kiwi, I assume you have a work permit or had something solid in the passport already?

PS. I don't know why I can't tag anyone properly.
No work permit, had to apply for a new E-type Visa from the Cambodian Embassy in London back in July, then got a 12 month EB EOS when I arrived.

@Doc67 no choice of hotel, cannot pre-book, luck of the draw
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:56 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:44 pm @PSD-Kiwi, I assume you have a work permit or had something solid in the passport already?

No work permit, had to apply for a new E-type Visa from the Cambodian Embassy in London back in July, then got a 12 month EB EOS when I arrived.

@Doc67 no choice of hotel, cannot pre-book, luck of the draw
Hotel and food updates please , hope you have a balcony or at least a window you can open. You'll be out for Xmas
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

garthkiddell wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:48 pm yes i know its written on . facebook the cambodian officials also told us that but who would look on facebook
its not on any official docs.
No i think ill wait for the vacine to clear it out. The world is to parnoid at present tourists arent welcome
You can take the risk and get deported back at the airport then...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Stop drinking for 24 hours and the computer will be much easier to operate :beer3:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

garthkiddell wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:48 pm yes i know its written on . facebook the cambodian officials also told us that but who would look on facebook
No i think ill wait for the vacine to clear it out. The world is to parnoid at present tourists arent welcome
I don't want to be rude GK, but Cambodia is not issuing tourist visas at the present time. I assume that means that they do not want any foreign tourists at the present time, so you are absolutely correct that (foreign) tourists are not welcome.
Doesn't matter what I think about that, or what you think about that, that is the case at the present time.

Let's hope that we can travel again without quarantine measures once there are tests and vaccinations in place next year.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:05 pm
I don't want to be rude GK, but Cambodia is not issuing tourist visas at the present time. I assume that means that they do not want any foreign tourists at the present time, so you are absolutely correct that (foreign) tourists are not welcome.
Doesn't matter what I think about that, or what you think about that, that is the case at the present time.

Let's hope that we can travel again without quarantine measures once there are tests and vaccinations in place next year.
You can already travel to many countries without quarantine, for example from the UK you enter Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Spain, Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia, Ecuador, Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Guyana, Italy, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Benin, Ghana, Senegal, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Gambia and perhaps a few others.

Here's a recent article about 64 nations where Americans can travel now:
https://www.businessinsider.com/countri ... f-travel-5
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

sigmoid wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:14 am

You can already travel to many countries without quarantine, for example from the UK you enter Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Spain, Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia, Ecuador, Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Guyana, Italy, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Benin, Ghana, Senegal, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Gambia and perhaps a few others.

Yes, but if you want to come back to Cambodia, or return to the UK or Australia for that matter, you will have to do 14-days quarantine when you return. Sure you can travel, but not for fun. I'll do it if I have to, but I'd rather wait.
My point to the OP was that Cambodia is actively discouraging tourists right now, and that if you don't NEED to get to Cambodia right now, then it's probably best to wait a while.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:53 am

Yes, but if you want to come back to Cambodia, or return to the UK or Australia for that matter, you will have to do 14-days quarantine when you return. Sure you can travel, but not for fun. I'll do it if I have to, but I'd rather wait.
My point to the OP was that Cambodia is actively discouraging tourists right now, and that if you don't NEED to get to Cambodia right now, then it's probably best to wait a while.
The Embasy in Australia is not giving any visa at the moment and as of November 27th all applications must have a Validation certificate on payment guarantee
(I was told this last Friday by embassy staff)
garthkiddell
Expatriate

Post by garthkiddell »

yeah i checked my visa out with cambo embassy .first most of the problem was were i live darwin
used to be a easy jetstar flight
but that all stoped in march . now its the test on thursday flight to sydney on frid 4000kms
flight to incheon on sat night
arrive in cambodia very late sunday
i have also spent two weeks in howard springs camp and to weeks in sydney quanteen
i really got the impression the customs in cambo where totally paranoid but it the same
everywhere at present
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:53 am

Yes, I understand that. But, my point is that you can just go somewhere else. Cambodia at least set up a process to let some people in, the only one among Southeast Asia countries, but I guess they got panicky over a handful of "cases". Now, there's all this debate in the region about opening, quarantine, vaccines, blah blah blah, but meanwhile many other countries have opened or are in the process of opening, which begs the question: "Why are some countries able to open, while others are not?"

I'd like to stay in Southeast Asia but am starting to look at the Central and South American countries that are open. Es hora de empezar a aprender español.

So, if all of ASEAN wants to remain closed, even to their neighbors, that's fine with me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic