Watch Repair

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Watch Repair

Post by Doc67 »

Does anyone know of a good watch shop? I need a new battery and a seal fitted to a TAG. The battery is the easy bit, the market people can do that. The seal is critical though and I don't want to find out the hard way that they didn't bother to fit it.

As always, many thanks in advance...
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Watch Repair

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:39 pm Does anyone know of a good watch shop? I need a new battery and a seal fitted to a TAG. The battery is the easy bit, the market people can do that. The seal is critical though and I don't want to find out the hard way that they didn't bother to fit it.

As always, many thanks in advance...
There are some upmarket watch shops near central market I presume they have a good jeweler also

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

atst wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:19 pm There are some upmarket watch shops near central market I presume they have a good jeweler also
Yes, that stretch of 130 near the market would be the most likely. I've only ever gone in for batteries but they have all those watch repair tools - they aren't just watch traders. The battery won't be a problem, whether they have the right seal for that model is another thing, there are some that sell TAGs though.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

I suggest that your enquiry is better directed to or asked within the establishment in Phnom Penh listed here:

https://store.tagheuer.com/854205-t-gal ... dfs-angkor

OML
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ot Mean Loi wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:40 am I suggest that your enquiry is better directed to or asked within the establishment in Phnom Penh listed here:

https://store.tagheuer.com/854205-t-gal ... dfs-angkor

OML
It's in Siem Reap.

And from previous experience TAG outlets only send to official TAG service centres, which provide the most expensive and worst service imaginable. It will probably have to go to Bangkok (and never seen again).
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

it is along st 199, 1 little repair booth infront of house #81 or #85, beside is a provision corner shop and intersection.The booth is beside a furniture shop near the olympic market...
The repair guy used to work for international MNC, i believe it was rolex as my wife told me when my lousy watch was having issue... it would be good if you are able to converse in khmer because he would determine if he's able to do the job or not before cracking your watch... unlike many others, they would simply crack open without much saying...
if he can't do it, then i know no one else who is better than his skill... I see alot of locals went to him to fix their expensive watches, so no harm making a trip down to inquire if possible to fix your problem...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic