Looking for a business partner

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
mdkep
Tourist
Cambodia

Looking for a business partner

Post by mdkep »

Hello everybody, I am a 46 year old medical doctor from Germany living in Kep. I am thinking about starting an online business offering medical advice for expats living in Cambodia. The idea is to help with the diagnosis and/or discuss treatment options. I am pretty good at diagnostics of both physical and mental issues, and I can offer treatment advice not only based on conventional medicine and the conventional options available here, but also with regard to natural medicine, energetic medicine and other more holistic approaches and perspectives.

I could set up the website, write the content and deal with the cases by myself. I am open for a partnership with another doctor. But more than that, I am looking for a partner who covers the business side - the legal stuff, business registration, branding, payments, accounting, promotion, social networking, etc.- so basically anything not content and patient related. I was thinking of offering both one-time advice and an annual fee covering up to half a dozen or so consultations. But that would be your playing field along with the pricing. Just know that I calculate 2-3 hours for a first time consultation and around one hour for any further consultation, so if it was only me consulting and creating the website, the numbers would be limited to maybe 200 one-time consultations for let us say 45 USD and another 200 clients opting for the annual fee of around 100 USD. So there is no fortune to be made.

Another option would be to offer the service here, as some sort of medical admin. I am sure that many people would be interested in a public discussion of individual cases and benefit from deepening their medical knowledge. But I don't know how many people would be willing to talk about their haemorrhoids with me in public.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Looking for a business partner

Post by IraHayes »

Not sure I would be happy to see a doctor who happily vouches for any "alternative" medical care to be quite honest.
I had to google energetic medicine and a 2 second glance at the results was enough to spot.
Energy medicine is a branch of alternative medicine based on a pseudo-scientific belief that healers can channel healing energy into a patient and effect positive results.
mdkep
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by mdkep »

I haven't even talked about nondual medicine yet. Each to his own belief system and perspective. I am fine with the scientific approach. But I also know that phenomena like "placebo" and "spontaneous healing" do occur. There is nothing random or mystical about natural medicine or energetic medicine, though. Qi Gong, for example, is a form of energetic healing and more beneficial to body and mind than adding numbers. But okay, I am good with numbers, too, and add them for those who like to count.
Look, I do not ask my dog to sit down and meditate when he suffers from heart-worm induced heart failure. I inject vitamins and force specific pills down his throat. I am a very analytic person. So much so that I know that science itself is pseudo-scientific. And yet, it can be beneficial. Just as other approaches.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

You say you are a doctor, I don't think you have mentioned your qualifications, nor experience of practicing. Have you been working in a surgery in your own country, and what of the situation over here, have you any background of working in this country?
I would not have a problem sitting down with a doctor talking about my haemorrhoids, but with that type of ailment I don't think I would need a doctor. But a few years ago I did need a doctor urgently in this country, firstly I could not pass water and it turned out to be a prostate problem, here I don't think natural remedies would have done the trick.
I personally have nothing against alternative medicine, but in it's place. The other thing is, why this choice? Not like I say, that in the right situation no problem. But again I think a strange choice, with most Cambodian doctors (quacks) offering the same to villagers.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

:)
mdkep
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by mdkep »

Clinical training in surgery and internal medicine are mandatory in Germany. After graduation I worked in Gynaecology and Psychosomatics. Here in Cambodia, I have never practiced and do not intent to. Help to self-help is my cup of tea. Self-diagnose, self-treat, and if it does not work, you can still walk the conventional path.
As I said, all science is pseudo-science. All doctors are quacks. So am I. But I know it. So my approach is not based on the question of right and wrong. All that matters is if something works or not. Every body-mind is unique. So the method cannot be common.
People have to understand that there is a price for everything. Yes, Western Medicine can be very helpful. But it also causes a lot of harm. There are two sides to everything. That starts with the diagnosis. A diagnosis is a perspective. The belief in that perspective causes a systemic change on its own. A disease develops differently without that belief. Let alone the treatment and the belief system around the treatment.
I have haemorrhoids myself. They come and go for days, weeks, months - which is pretty weird, it shouldn't be like that from a scientific viewpoint. When things get really bad and I nearly faint shitting out the chili in the morning after a spicy dinner, I experiment with all there is to ease the pain - pain killers, plants, cortisone, whatever. Whatever works. But apart of that extreme situation, i am curious about the whole thing. I like to translate physical symptoms into thoughts, I like to understand the body as a part of the mind. All that shit, yes, it is painful, my haemorrhoids say, and I nod.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I challenge your qualifications to practice.

A doctor who does not believe in Science?
In fact, i challenge your whole ludicrous fantasy.
mdkep
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by mdkep »

No true scientist believes in science. Challenge me, work with me.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

mdkep wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:19 pm No true scientist believes in science. Challenge me, work with me.
Have you considered being a personal consultant to the orange one? He doesn’t believe in science either, and, as always USA #1 (in deaths and infection rate).
Seriously, fuck off

Mods, sorry about this, but really it’s too much imho
up to you...
mdkep
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by mdkep »

Thank you, Clemen. I love you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic