Looking for a business partner

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Looking for a business partner

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

"work with me"

Well at least you've got a sense of humour.
:D
I can see the tongue in your cheek and that mischievous grin.

now, Flock Off!
:)
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I re-read the OP. Aaannnd ... of course, our doctor lives in Kep. That place is awash with the type of person who believes in TCM, homeopathy, reiki, and astrology.

What I think has happened is Mr Doctor tried to appeal to everyone in his hope of attracting a business partner and given the sort of person he would have been acquainting himself with down in Kep this affected how he worded the OP. He probably thought the residents of Kep were typical of the type of person who chooses to relocate to Cambodia.
Read the OP again but this time read it as an all-encompassing advert to attract anyone who might partner up with him. If this is true he is obviously willing to bend his morals to suit whom so-ever comes forward. His back-peddling and defensiveness of pseudosciences in his replies is in line with this theory too. Given this insight (if true) it would seem our good doctor lacks a certain sometihng I can't quite put my finger on at the moment... but there's something lacking if all the above is only partially true.

Of course, given the boldness of my claims I would be happy to be proved wrong and if that were the case I would gladly offer an apology and a beer :)
mdkep
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by mdkep »

Stern and Ira, I couldn't have said it better. I love you guys.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Clinical training in surgery and internal medicine are mandatory in Germany. After graduation I worked in Gynaecology and Psychosomatics. Here in Cambodia, I have never practiced and do not intent to. Help to self-help is my cup of tea. Self-diagnose, self-treat, and if it does not work, you can still walk the conventional path. As I said, all science is pseudo-science. All doctors are quacks. So am I. But I know it.
Hang on.. didn't you say in your OP post that you're a medical doctor and above (bolded) you've just shot yourself in the foot?
mdkep
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by mdkep »

I love you, too, Clutch, of course I do. But guys, I came here looking for a business partner, not to spread love. Well, maybe I got it wrong. So keep it coming, brothers.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

He is Confused.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

My personal opinion.

What is a 46 year old medical doctor doing not treating patients in Germany or not working in general at the time when the need is so high? Especially in Obstetrics + Gynecology / Psychiatry?

Sorry, but 30-60s (possibly 70s) especially 40s are prime years for a physician to be of service.

As for the more complicated issues. Ones need to apply to the medical council in Cambodia to practice medicine in the Kingdom of Wonder and register to set up a business. Are you familiar with the local medicines used ? It’s a hodge podge of stuff from Russia and other places. Not the brand names commonly used in Germany.

Your whole business proposition is confusing to say the least. Good luck!

This is all my personal opinion.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

funny how you can change your mind about human rights when you get old and grumpy
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:25 pm
Clinical training in surgery and internal medicine are mandatory in Germany. After graduation I worked in Gynaecology and Psychosomatics. Here in Cambodia, I have never practiced and do not intent to. Help to self-help is my cup of tea. Self-diagnose, self-treat, and if it does not work, you can still walk the conventional path. As I said, all science is pseudo-science. All doctors are quacks. So am I. But I know it.
Hang on.. didn't you say in your OP post that you're a medical doctor and above (bolded) you've just shot yourself in the foot?
Let me paraphrase “ I am looking for money, I have no medical qualifications, I will not practice “medicine” here. Pseudoscience is my hobby, and I am trying to bilk sick people. I am the lowest form of life on earth, I prey on those without hope.”
“Clinical training”? Are you a doctor? I’ve had clinical training, that doesn’t make me a doctor, a biologist, a zookeeper, or a librarian.
Why am I wasting my time? Vote for ban of seawolf/hunter8/confused, whatever this douche is.
I only post these refutations so anyone reading this garbage doesn’t take it as representative of the forum.
I think there can be valuable information here, this kind of shit diminishes it.
up to you...
mdkep
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by mdkep »

Awesome, guys. Thank you. Keep going.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic