today, I met Jesus

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: today, I met Jesus

Post by Username Taken »

Maybe Jesus is on a mission to find God.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

blueman.cambodia wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:04 pm Image. Is this him?
Another match from Facebook:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Not Jesus Christ for sure. Just a poser. Jesus Christ is not a blonde. Though my religion is somewhat loosely based on blondes.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Arthur&Hobson wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:17 am Sorry, I fail to see the humor. This child went through life being called a bastard (conceived outside of marriage).
I thought Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, wife of Joseph?

Two queries always spring to mind with this:

If they were married, why wasn't the marriage consummated?

And, if it had not been consummated, and she then becomes pregnant, how comes she wasn't stoned to death for adultery by Joseph and his mates.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:49 am
Arthur&Hobson wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:17 am Sorry, I fail to see the humor. This child went through life being called a bastard (conceived outside of marriage).
I thought Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, wife of Joseph?

Two queries always spring to mind with this:

If they were married, why wasn't the marriage consummated?

And, if it had not been consummated, and she then becomes pregnant, how comes she wasn't stoned to death for adultery by Joseph and his mates.
You raise some excellent points. The story goes she had immaculate conception somehow happen. In other words, god somehow impregnated Mary. Ya right. And it would be hard to stone god to death for adultery as god just manifests himself to people as some sort of a ghost. Ya right. Probably closer to Casper the Friendly Ghost.
Asianistar
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Asianistar »

I may know who he is...
Last edited by Asianistar on Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Food Fun Fuck
Asianistar
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Asianistar »

Are you sure it wasn’t Kanye walking around?
Food Fun Fuck
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

OP, did he heal the pain that is in your heart?

tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

he might be a londoner ?

Our Father,
Who art in Hendon
Harrow Road be Thy name
Thy Kingston come
Thy Wimbledon
In Erith as it is in Hendon.
Give us this day our Berkhampstead
And forgive us our Westminsters
As we forgive those who Westminster against us.
Lead us not into Temple Station
And deliver us from Ealing,
For thine is the Kingston
The Purley and the Crawley,
For Iver and Iver
Crouch End ..

Ian dury
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Oh ye of little faith!

It’s the belief of something and someone greater than ourselves that allows people to overcome their innate nature to be selfish and self-serving and to go help others and be kind to the fellow man. Just look at all the Christian charities across the world, especially in Cambodia, as examples of the powers of faith.

As for the Bible, specifically the New Testament itself, it had to be created. The Roman emperor declared Christianity as the official state religion and their needed to be one book for all. At the time there were many stories of Jesus and his followers. Some written during his time, others written way after his death. Some supposedly with direct contact, some with stories from others. Many stories that did not fit the goal of making Jesus for all were rejected.

Like the Dead Sea Scrolls. It stated that Jesus was a rebel and the Romans killed him for it. It foretold that Jesus would return with an army of angels to slaughter the Roman oppressors and free the Jewish people. These believers eventually holed up at Masada. After the death of Christ, the Jews rose up twice. The rebellion destroyed a Roman legion and badly damaged others.

In the end, the Bible is a personal roadmap of how to be a good person. It is up to the individual to follow, believe, and be changed, however.

Sorry for the preachiness.

Please continue believe in Christ. And Santa Claus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic