Should the upcoming Covid Vaccine be Mandatory for International Travel?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Should the upcoming Covid Vaccine be Mandatory for International Travel?

Yes
57%
No
35%
Maybe
2%
I don't Know
6%

Total votes: 89
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Should the upcoming Covid Vaccine be Mandatory for International Travel?

Post by atst »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:55 pm
atst wrote:And then pack the passengers in like sardines not social distancing once inside the plane, they gotta make a profit, Hypocrite
If that’s hypocritical, petition airlines to pick option 2.

Tell them you want to pay 500-1000% more for your ticket to keep social distancing inside the plane. Buying a row in front, behind, and next to you on both sides will work nicely.

Any business that doesn’t make a profit (or just break even) eventually goes out of business. Profits are required just for survival. Should airlines around the world shut down in the name of your social justice?

The government is the only business that doesn’t need to make a profit. Because it can raise taxes, print money, and issue IOUs.

Sorry to derail this thread.
profit before passengers health , ok with that, just don't say your looking after your passengers and staff at the same time. They police social distancing at check in , though customs, queuing up to get onto the plane because they care for thier customers, but once on the plane its all forgotten .
Not a thread derail at all its Qantas showing how much they care. of course it hypocritical
Last edited by atst on Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

atst wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:40 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:45 pm Qantas boss: Governments 'to insist' on vaccines for flying
By Jonathan Josephs
Business reporter, BBC News
Published 5 hours ago

The boss of Australian airline Qantas has told the BBC that "governments are going to insist" on vaccines for international travellers.

Even if they weren't, he thought the airline should enforce its own policy.

"We have a duty of care to our passengers and to our crew, to say that everybody in that aircraft needs to be safe," Mr Joyce said.

And then pack the passengers in like sardines not social distancing once inside the plane, they gotta make a profit, Hypocrite
I’d think restricting sales to only people with the vaccine hurts sales.
orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Wether your vaccinated or not you can still get the virus and pass it on, so why airlines need you to be vaccinated, I understand the country of destination wanting you vaccinated less chance of you ending up in thier hospital, but why the airlines?
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:55 pm
atst wrote:And then pack the passengers in like sardines not social distancing once inside the plane, they gotta make a profit, Hypocrite
If that’s hypocritical, petition airlines to pick option 2.

Tell them you want to pay 500-1000% more for your ticket to keep social distancing inside the plane. Buying a row in front, behind, and next to you on both sides will work nicely.

Any business that doesn’t make a profit (or just break even) eventually goes out of business. Profits are required just for survival. Should airlines around the world shut down in the name of your social justice?

The government is the only business that doesn’t need to make a profit. Because it can raise taxes, print money, and issue IOUs.

Sorry to derail this thread.
Would you prefer expensive social distancing on planes, or mandatory vaccinations to fly ? Aren't vaccination passports a win-win for passengers and airlines ?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

atst wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:30 am Wether your vaccinated or not you can still get the virus and pass it on, so why airlines need you to be vaccinated, I understand the country of destination wanting you vaccinated less chance of you ending up in thier hospital, but why the airlines?
Because they don't want to be labelled as the airline that spreads Covid ? Not a good marketing strategy. ;)
At the moment, people just want to feel safe when they travel.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:41 am
atst wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:30 am Wether your vaccinated or not you can still get the virus and pass it on, so why airlines need you to be vaccinated, I understand the country of destination wanting you vaccinated less chance of you ending up in thier hospital, but why the airlines?
Because they don't want to be labelled as the airline that spreads Covid ? Not a good marketing strategy. ;)
How safe would you feel in cattle class for 8 hours, last time I flew Sydney to Brisbane plane was packed didn't feel to safe then, guy next to me said" if we were all at the beach or park like this the cops would give us a $1000 fine "
Maybe airlines need to restructure there fares , I don't know the answer, but being packed in economy isn't the answer vaccinated or not.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

They don't know that yet.

This is from UK government website.

We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

hburns wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:05 am
atst wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:30 am Wether your vaccinated or not you can still get the virus and pass it on, so why airlines need you to be vaccinated, I understand the country of destination wanting you vaccinated less chance of you ending up in their hospital, but why the airlines?
They don't know that yet.

This is from UK government website.

We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk.
The idea is to reduce negative outcomes and as some stated further up, protect their image.
Flying is an experience, and the reason you can find videos of anti maskers getting kicked off of planes to the sound of clapping and cheering is because assholes who only think of themselves are generally unpopular (unless you're the former guy).
To preserve the industry long term, people need to come to the conclusion that they will be less likely to catch or spread the virus. They also need to come to the conclusion that even if someone gets sick, they won't die or be shackled with long term symptoms.

There has been some work regarding the transmissibility after vaccination. I'm sure more research will come as vaccinations increase.

"Marc Lipsitch and Rebecca Kahn, both of whom are epidemiologists at the Harvard School of Public Health, in a preprint study estimated from the same data that "one dose of vaccine reduces the potential for transmission by at least 61%, possibly considerably more."
https://www.advisory.com/en/daily-brief ... 20more.%22

If fewer people fly, that's ok too. Over-tourism was destroying what would otherwise be pristine and beautiful places.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:02 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:41 am
How safe would you feel in cattle class for 8 hours, last time I flew Sydney to Brisbane plane was packed didn't feel to safe then, guy next to me said" if we were all at the beach or park like this the cops would give us a $1000 fine "
Maybe airlines need to restructure there fares , I don't know the answer, but being packed in economy isn't the answer vaccinated or not.
I want a vaccine now, and internationally accepted proof of it.

I want to be stuffed into a airline seat for a few hours with no social distancing.

I want the airlines to charge me $120 return to go to BKK, Phuket, SGN, KL, or London for £500 and make a profit.

I want it to be 2019 again.

If all that takes is an injection and registration then I'm up for that.

p.s. and no bloody masks during the flight either.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic