Should the upcoming Covid Vaccine be Mandatory for International Travel?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Should the upcoming Covid Vaccine be Mandatory for International Travel?

Yes
57%
No
35%
Maybe
2%
I don't Know
6%

Total votes: 89
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Should the upcoming Covid Vaccine be Mandatory for International Travel?

Post by atst »

Who's going to be first in line for thier Chinese vaccine, not me
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

atst wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:44 pm Who's going to be first in line for thier Chinese vaccine, not me
Luckily they have plenty of Chinese to trial it on.

:smileinbox:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Username Taken wrote:^^^ Would you not prefer that the vaccine is trialed and tested over several years first rather than several months?
There’s an actual medical group that advocates exactly that. Something about possible vaccine effects that might only occur years later.

Makes as much sense as the New York City cracking down on people making sandwiches and giving them out to the homeless. Because their home kitchens aren’t inspected and regulated by the city. Otherwise the starving homeless might get sick from the sandwiches. So instead it’s better they die of starvation tonight.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

put the vaccine into beer and the world is vaccinated in no time.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:28 am
Username Taken wrote:^^^ Would you not prefer that the vaccine is trialed and tested over several years first rather than several months?
There’s an actual medical group that advocates exactly that. Something about possible vaccine effects that might only occur years later.

Makes as much sense as the New York City cracking down on people making sandwiches and giving them out to the homeless. Because their home kitchens aren’t inspected and regulated by the city. Otherwise the starving homeless might get sick from the sandwiches. So instead it’s better they die of starvation tonight.
FFS :facepalm:

We're not looking at vaccinating a few hundred/thousand homeless people, but the entire population of New York City (or, at least, the vast majority).

Your comparison makes no sense at all.

I'm by no means an anti-vaxxer. Myself and my kids are all up to date with vaccinations, however, as for the coming covid vaccine, I'll be happy to wait at the end of the queue and see what happens to the rest of you first.

The Fear Campaign is working well. :please:
Johno35
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Johno35 »

I just got the first round of Moderna vaccine last week in the U.S. Had a sore shoulder at injection site for a couple days. No symptoms or reaction other than that. I’ve got to go back 1st Feb for the 2nd dose.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:19 am Image
Yours?
Vaccine in Uk only started on 14th... you got it on 3rd day it was available?

Edit... meant to say USA
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

khmerhamster wrote:Yours?/quote]

Required.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

How the fuck are you guys getting jabs so soon? Frontline healthcare workers or over 80? And where are you getting it? Cause I want to get in the same line!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic