COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Josideb
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by Josideb »

I saw them last night going round closing KTVs, beer gardens and massage joints.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by newkidontheblock »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Dozens Being Tested at Fashion Store Pedro After Six New Covid-19 Cases
Around 6 p.m. the store was roped off, with dozens of people gathered wearing masks. One woman, who declined to give her name because she had been asked not to speak to media, said employees at affiliated stores had been asked to come in for a test and to go into home quarantine.
https://vodenglish.news/dozens-being-te ... -19-cases/

Covid testing line 7 AM. Supposed to be called by number for testing. Except numbers haven’t been handed out yet.

Loaded Chinese van just pulled up at 8 AM. Chinese filed into a special line, just for them.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Whatsupdoc wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:49 am Went out last night for a drink on street 174. By 23h police came to tell us we had 30min to leave the place. Everything has to closed till December 16th.
About 15 police men were there to enforce the closure off all the places, guess same thing happened on street 172 and the 136 area (can not confirm).
Phnom Penh is going to be quiet for next few days.
St 130 bars closed around 10 pm last night. I presume that would've been the same for 136, 118 and 5.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

It's been unnaturally quiet over the river a Chbar Ampov
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:11 am
Whatsupdoc wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:49 am Went out last night for a drink on street 174. By 23h police came to tell us we had 30min to leave the place. Everything has to closed till December 16th.
About 15 police men were there to enforce the closure off all the places, guess same thing happened on street 172 and the 136 area (can not confirm).
St 130 bars closed around 10 pm last night. I presume that would've been the same for 136, 118 and 5.
At about 10pm all their lights of the bars on 130 were switched off and the gates were partially closed, but it was business as usual inside. I was in the noodle house at the time and saw all this. After then I went into one of the bars and at about 11.30 the doors were opened and the lights went on and we were all told to leave by the management. Didn't even have time to pay the bill - all out! Somebody put the wind up the management in a big hurry. The 'lights off' game was fooling nobody all of a sudden.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:48 am
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:11 am
At about 10pm all their lights of the bars on 130 were switched off and the gates were partially closed, but it was business as usual inside. I was in the noodle house at the time and saw all this. After then I went into one of the bars and at about 11.30 the doors were opened and the lights went on and we were all told to leave by the management. Didn't even have time to pay the bill - all out! Somebody put the wind up the management in a big hurry. The 'lights off' game was fooling nobody all of a sudden.
It seems the authorities are taking it seriously this time and the closure will be an actual one.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

closing the barn door after the cows have left
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:50 am closing the barn door after the cows have left
Do people keep cows in a barn? I thought they stay in the field?
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by jah steu »

Doc67 wrote:Do people keep cows in a barn? I thought they stay in the field?
And you an Englishman! Image
In cold countries like the UK cows stay indoors over winter and get let out into the fields in spring.
I think he is mixing his idioms though... it’s usually the horse being let out of a barn/stable rather than cows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

jah steu wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:32 am
Doc67 wrote:Do people keep cows in a barn? I thought they stay in the field?
And you an Englishman! Image
In cold countries like the UK cows stay indoors over winter and get let out into the fields in spring.
I think he is mixing his idioms though... it’s usually the horse being let out of a barn/stable rather than cows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I am a city mouse not a country mouse.

And I have also figured out why it sounded all wrong...

Cowshed!! That's where they live. Not a barn.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic