COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Is Aeon Mall 1 closed due to virus fears?

Post by timmydownawell »

Ok I just saw a post on FB from this morning that the local Covid cluster is up to 17 people now.

They restarted playing the announcements and songs in the street today too.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Everyone was masked in the market again today- barriers in the shops back up.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

i hear provincial gossip is that phnom penh is locked-down, with police on the streets, everyone sick, etc
so i expect to see more of those village barriers and checkpoints we saw earlier in the year

who needs strict govt policy when the locals already excel?

monstra mihi bona!
Josideb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Josideb »

Phnom Penh has been noticeably quieter today
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Josideb wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:03 pm Phnom Penh has been noticeably quieter today
It really was, wasn't it? I noticed that this morning. Wish I'd stocked up while I was at the supermarket.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:15 pm
Josideb wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:03 pm Phnom Penh has been noticeably quieter today
It really was, wasn't it? I noticed that this morning. Wish I'd stocked up while I was at the supermarket.
I noticed a lot more mask wearing..by khmers, not barang tho. Bad barang! :evil:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

8 mins ago - BREAKING NEWS
Over 100 lawmakers and officials go into quarantine involving ‘Nov 28 community incident’

More than 100 lawmakers and National Assembly officials have gone into quarantine after coming in direct and indirect contact with the November 28 community transmission incident.

According to National Assembly’s Secretary General Leng Peng Long’s letter sent to Health Minister Mam Bun Heng on Monday, lawmaker Loy Sophat was found to have come in direct contact with Lieutenant General Chhem Savuth, director general of the Interior Ministry’s General department of prisons, who tested positive for COVID-19.

Peng Long said that Sophat took part in the NA’s plenary session on November 25 and attended by 116 lawmakers, National Assembly and government officials.

He said 31 lawmakers and officials were considered as having “medium risk”, including National Assembly President Heng Samrin, first vice-president Nguon Nhel and second vice-president Khuon Sudary.

He said 35 other officials were considered as having “low risk.”
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50788220/o ... -incident/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:10 pm Ok I just saw a post on FB from this morning that the local Covid cluster is up to 17 people now.

They restarted playing the announcements and songs in the street today too.
December 1, 2020
Cambodia’s invisible super spreader causes up to 17 COVID-19 community infection cases
Although 17 cases, almost all related directly or indirectly via employment with the first case of community spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus in Cambodia – the 56 year old wife of the Director-General of Prisons – have been detected this far, contact tracing officials have become exasperated with the difficulty in finding out the “patient zero” of the case.

It is essential to locate “patient zero” to determine how he or she got infected and start tracing back past activities and contacts and to determine when and where the 56 year old woman got infected.

In medical terms, the first case in a chain of infections is popularly called “patient zero”.

In epidemiological language, the first case in an outbreak to come to the attention of investigators is referred to as the “index case”. The actual individual who introduced the disease at the start of the outbreak is called the “primary case”.

In this first community outbreak case in Cambodia, “patient zero” currently remains invisible and the 56 year old woman has been identified as the “index patient”.

A health official speaking in confidence to Khmer Times last night said “It is critical for contract tracing officials to find the first known case because it helps work out how and where the outbreak occurred, and give an idea as to the possible extent of the infection in terms of geographical location and also possible patients.

“In this November 28 community incident, we identified certain locations and because of this, schools, museums, and other places were shut and additional testing facilities were established.

“What is critical is that the government continues to act swiftly and rapidly and minimize numbers of people gathering. The time the first patient showed symptoms and the time she went for test had considerable lapses and it is a challenge to back trace the contacts.”

He added that the contact tracing officials are also investigating whether the first patient had come into contact indirectly with an asymptomatic patient or someone who had the virus and was detected after the first or second test.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50787942/c ... ion-cases/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:03 pm
Although 17 cases, almost all related directly or indirectly via employment with the first case of community spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus in Cambodia – the 56 year old wife of the Director-General of Prisons – have been detected this far, contact tracing officials have become exasperated with the difficulty in finding out the “patient zero” of the case.
Or as we will now call it .. the "Scapegoat"
It is essential to locate “patient zero” to determine how he or she got infected and start tracing back past activities and contacts and to determine when and where the 56 year old woman got infected.
So the lady went to the states, returned and skipped regulation quarantine .. because .. "Don't you know who i am" mentality and now the lackeys are running around like headless chickens looking for something that is right under their noses but they can't point a finger at.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by atst »

Thier looking for a barang to blame
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic