COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by Doc67 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:32 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:15 pm This sounds like the gyms wont be opening anytime soon, and the bars and entertainment places look under threat of continued closure/restrictions.

Has anyone found a gym that has re-opened today?

“I would like to announce that the November 28 event is now under control. But I cannot yet declare it has ended. Citizens, please continue to maintain [heightened precautions] for the safety of all.

“The announcement of an end to the event can be made after January 20,” he said.

HE also called on citizens to continue to carry out preventive measures such as tracking people who do not quarantine according to Covid-19 guidelines.

He reminded Cambodians of the pandemic “DO’s” such as wear masks, wash hands; and maintain social and physical distancing of over 1.5m.

He also reiterated the coronavirus “DON’T’S”, advising people against visiting unventilated indoor places with air-conditioning and no fresh air, going to overcrowded places, touching each other, shaking hands, standing near each other or hugging each other.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... amid-covid
tbh to me it just sounds like they can remain open, but advises you to avoid them but if you go to practice safe distancing and wear a mask etc
Sure, but what about places that have been closed? Will they follow the 16th December date and re-open today, or is the 20th January date an official extension of closures, or is it just a notional date when all their testing can be concluded.

I think we will all know by tomorrow regarding the re-opening of business' It's all a bit vague and the mentioning on 20th January really muddies the water. I'll see if Cambodiana opens up today or the other one on street 51.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:42 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:32 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:15 pm This sounds like the gyms wont be opening anytime soon, and the bars and entertainment places look under threat of continued closure/restrictions.

Has anyone found a gym that has re-opened today?

“I would like to announce that the November 28 event is now under control. But I cannot yet declare it has ended. Citizens, please continue to maintain [heightened precautions] for the safety of all.

“The announcement of an end to the event can be made after January 20,” he said.

HE also called on citizens to continue to carry out preventive measures such as tracking people who do not quarantine according to Covid-19 guidelines.

He reminded Cambodians of the pandemic “DO’s” such as wear masks, wash hands; and maintain social and physical distancing of over 1.5m.

He also reiterated the coronavirus “DON’T’S”, advising people against visiting unventilated indoor places with air-conditioning and no fresh air, going to overcrowded places, touching each other, shaking hands, standing near each other or hugging each other.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... amid-covid
tbh to me it just sounds like they can remain open, but advises you to avoid them but if you go to practice safe distancing and wear a mask etc
Sure, but what about places that have been closed? Will they follow the 16th December date and re-open today, or is the 20th January date an official extension of closures, or is it just a notional date when all their testing can be concluded.

I think we will all know by tomorrow regarding the re-opening of business' It's all a bit vague and the mentioning on 20th January really muddies the water. I'll see if Cambodiana opens up today or the other one on street 51.
now its under control i think things can start to be going back to normal, hopefully
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Normal!!!, the KOW
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Oscar"s starts with live music again tonight. So must be back to normal than. :please:
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:15 pm Oscar"s starts with live music again tonight. So must be back to normal than. :please:
i fucking hope so, i didnt come all this way for nothing! :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

December 27, 2020
Ministry of Health reopens shops relating to November 28 incident

Minister of Health Mam Bunheng has announced today that shops and restaurants related to the community transmission on November 28 are now allowed to reopen starting today.

Bunheng said: “Restaurants and shops related to the November 28 incident are now allowed to open with the guidance and approval of Prime Minister HE. The shops are obliged to comply with the sanitary measures set by the Ministry of Health.”

Clothing shops Pedro and Zando and Hidden Coffee shops were just a few of the establishments that were ordered to temporarily close down after COVID-19 positive cases were recorded related to the November 28 incident.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50797685/m ... -incident/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I hear the Zando store on 63 will not be reopening.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

The Pedro on Sihanouk has been open about a week now.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Cambodiana gym and pool still closed as of today. But gym on 51 has been open since last Monday. It makes no sense.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:08 am Cambodiana gym and pool still closed as of today. But gym on 51 has been open since last Monday. It makes no sense.
It all depends on who you are and how close to the family you are. Different rules. :beer1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic