COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by FrankReynolds »

I doubt the party was for foreign guests from overseas, as there are multiple flights staying here, arriving different days.
Maybe some oknas are in quarantine here and making use of the rooftop.
I just went for a walk along my entire floor, which is maybe 200m long. Not a soul to be seen. Just bags of trash from the in house meals outside each door. No security by the look of it either. You've got me intrigued now. Perhaps I will ask the housekeeping staff what the deal is when they bring supplies.
I don't think calling the reception will get a straight answer.

Some vitamin D would be much appreciated.

Sent from my POT-LX1A using Tapatalk

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by Brody »

FrankReynolds wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:11 pm Maybe some oknas are in quarantine here
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

Brody wrote:
FrankReynolds wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:11 pm Maybe some oknas are in quarantine here
Haha sorry I mean gov. staff and officials.
If the rooftop parties are for us regular folk, I didn't get the invite....

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Brody wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:15 pm
hahaha not seen that laughing gif in time <3 :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
how you holding up at your end, Lambo? you must have dropped a weight class or 2 by now on that prison diet they've got you on?

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

FrankReynolds wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:07 pm you must have dropped a weight class or 2 by now
To be honest, Lambo could use a drop or 2 in weight class.......

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

FrankReynolds wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:07 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
how you holding up at your end, Lambo? you must have dropped a weight class or 2 by now on that prison diet they've got you on?

haha yeah its been pretty brutal, feel like ive lost a good 14 stone hahah
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
FrankReynolds wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:07 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

haha yeah its been pretty brutal, feel like ive lost a good 14 stone hahah
In a day?!? ImageImageImage

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

were (officially) no longer permitted.
Does this mean no deliveries of home cooked food, supplies, etc?
Two weeks drinking tea is going to be a bit of a strain.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Missus went the institute to get tested in the early morning, around 7 ish. Majority Chinese, some Khmer, no foreigners.

Already almost number 300.

Everyone sitting outside under scaffolding.

Then she called the magic number advised by the virus line. Man comes up, ushers her in a back door, she goes to a room, and is given a new number. Number 19 now. Back home by 9:30. The lady giving the test had an axe to grind with someone. She was so rough that missus had a nosebleed from it.

Anyways, she paid the fixer 10 USD for jumping the line.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic