COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by atst »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:46 am
atst wrote:I wonder if they check the cameras at the shops to confirm you did go, or is that to simple.
Checking many cameras and hunting down shoppers sounds like a lot of work for no tea money. One or two, maybe. But are the local cops that motivated?

They put an official announcement. So actually checking is optional. Staying locked in your room for 14 days is optional, as well.

As the numbers of people negative before flight, negative after flight, positive after 14 day quarantine at designated hotel, increases, I keep thinking that people aren’t really staying IN their rooms, and are congregating wherever they want in the hotel.

Like the pool, the restaurants, the bar, the gym.
And possibly not deep cleaning each room and area after a quarantined person leaves.

I’ll put my tin foil hat back on, now.
I like the term deep cleaning looked it up , can't imagine any hotels here doing it.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: COVID-19 Outbreak 28 Nov: Aeon Mall Closed and Other Connected Breaking News

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

newkidontheblock wrote: They put an official announcement. So actually checking is optional. Staying locked in your room for 14 days is optional, as well.
Friend of a friend is doing/did that. Went there, met friend, then felt sick, then told friend AFTER, so friend is isolating. Not reporting for a test or anything. A lot of this stuff is probably going on, as it did back in March. People are inherently irresponsible. Could be fear, shame, combination of factors.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

‘Nov 28 incident’ not over; new cases found
Mom Kunthear | Publication date 13 December 2020 | 22:20 ICT

The Ministry of Health said it was still too early for the government to declare an end to the outbreak of Covid-19 community transmissions, despite the relatively low number of cases since the first one was confirmed on November 28.

This came as the ministry and the Permanent Mission of the Kingdom of Cambodia to the UN explained the necessity of revealing the identities of Covid-19 patients whose cases were linked to the so-called “November 28 community incident”.

Ministry spokeswoman Or Vandine told The Post on December 13 that contact tracing related to the incident was ongoing.

“We need to complete our work first and await a decision by Samdech Techo Prime Minister [HE],” she said.

As of December 12, a total of 8,814 people who were involved with the November 28 incident had been tested for a third time. Of the number, 40 people, 19 of them women, have tested positive.

Vandine said it was necessary to disclose the identities of people whose positive cases are linked to the incident, and that their cooperation, as well as the general public’s, has been instrumental in facilitating contact tracing and quickly stopping human-to-human transmission.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... ases-found
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Mondulkiri
December 13, 2020
Bousra Waterfall closed down after a visit by COVID-19 patient

Mondulkiri provincial authorities have closed down Bousra Waterfall Resort for 14 days linked to the November 28 community incident after a COVID-19 patient reportedly visited the area.

Cheak Mengheang, Deputy Provincial Governor, said that the infected man visited the waterfall on December 2 and he tested positive for the virus on December 8.

He said the closure began on December 9 to prevent the outbreak.

Mengheang said that those in direct and indirect contact with the infected man have their samples tested.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50792624/b ... 9-patient/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

Truth is stranger than fiction. When checking in to the Sokha, our bus load or 2 of new arrivals from the airport were shoulder to shoulder with a group of perhaps 100 guests queuing to check out after completing 2 weeks quarantine.

Sent from my POT-LX1A using Tapatalk

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

FrankReynolds wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:11 am Truth is stranger than fiction. When checking in to the Sokha, our bus load or 2 of new arrivals from the airport were shoulder to shoulder with a group of perhaps 100 guests queuing to check out after completing 2 weeks quarantine. Image

May I ask what the rate for the Socha is and what the place is like? Food etc. Is the pool and gym closed? Are you kept in your room all day by security on each floor?

I am interested because when I arrived the hotel security was non existent.
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

Doc67 wrote:
FrankReynolds wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:11 am Truth is stranger than fiction. When checking in to the Sokha, our bus load or 2 of new arrivals from the airport were shoulder to shoulder with a group of perhaps 100 guests queuing to check out after completing 2 weeks quarantine. Image

May I ask what the rate for the Socha is and what the place is like? Food etc. Is the pool and gym closed? Are you kept in your room all day by security on each floor?

Do you mean you were at sokha when you arrived?

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

FrankReynolds wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:16 pm
Doc67 wrote:

Do you mean you were at sokha when you arrived?

Sorry, to clarify, I was at another hotel and the security was non existent. I have heard a few reports of others where security was lax and people freely moved around their respective hotels. Given reports of people sneaking out of quarantine I was wondering if these hotels, having been blessed with a nice source of customers, have taken their responsibilities seriously.

From what you are saying about mingling of incoming and outgoing residents, they are not.
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

I've no idea if there's security or if people are mingling or leaving. I've been in my room throughout.
I highly doubt people are leaving or going anywhere at all, though. Since the 18th nov rule changes, things appeared to tighten up and then around 6th Dec deliveries were (officially) no longer permitted.

The visa and work permit group on Facebook is a very good source for up to date info, quarantine hotel reports, etc.

BDT92
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BDT92 »

There was a big party at Sokha on the rooftop Saturday evening. They are letting the quarantiners congregate together, and do whatever they please. They just cannot leave the building.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic