Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police, Including British JAMES WHITLOW and British Female JAMIE RHODES in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police, Including British JAMES WHITLOW and British Female JAMIE RHODES in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): The police of the minor crime department of Phnom Penh police station investigated and arrested 3 foreigners working as a gang of thieves. The operation took place on November 25, 2020, at 8:30 pm, at NII SAIAI hotel, on street 516, Khan Toul Kok, Phnom Penh, and HIMAWARI hotel, on Preah Sisovath road, Sangkat Chaktomok Khan Don Penh, Phnom Penh, on November 24, 2020, at 7:40 pm.

Lieutenant colonel Bun Sathya, the minor crime department director, said the suspects were identified as DANIEL ZACCANTI, a 42-year-old Argentinian man, JAMES WHITLOW (however, alleged notorious scammer James Whitlow was using the passport of a Mr STUART BREAKELL, a 42-year-old British man), and JAMIE LOUISE RHODES, a 33-year-old British woman teacher. They were all staying at NII SAIAI hotel.

James Joseph Robert Whitlow is a well-known alleged scammer, and it appears he was using a fake passport when he was arrested, and it seems the police don't yet know that he's in fact not Stuart Breakell. James Whitlow is from Preston, UK, and was born on February 13, 1982, making him 38 years old.

Here is a scan of James Whitlow's real passport for clarification:

James Whitlow seems to have also been featured here as a scammer who has been ripping off restaurants, and it looks like he was also involved in criminal activity where he was receiving delivered goods at random hotels, where he would place an order, and then take them back up to his hotel room, and then just leave the hotel. He also received the nickname 'The Infamous Scammer James Whitlow' when he allegedly ripped off a longtime expat, Ned Kelly.

The pieces of evidence that were confiscated are: a Lexus RX300 car, plate PP20-6537, a marijuana box, half pack of Epsom Salts, 2 phones, a pink bag, 10 USD and 13,000 riels, a black bag containing 10,000 riels, two laptops, 1 charger, 1 headset, BGREEN computer, 3 computer chargers, 1 monitor, 1 printer, one packet of white powder, 150 glass tubs, 3 plastic tubs, glasses for using the drug, 3 black plastic bags, and other items. The victim is identified as Noun Phirum, a 41-year-old man, a phone seller, who lost 11 iPhones and a Huawei GT2 watch.

On November 24, 2020, at 7:40 pm, the two British suspects drove an Argentinian man named DANIEL ZACCANTI to the victim's phone shop in their Lexus to look for a phone.
Before leaving the shop the suspects asked for the victim's phone number, and then later they sent the victim a message on Telegram, saying that they wanted to buy 11 red iPhones and a Huawie GT2 watch from him. They asked the victim to deliver the phones to them at the HIMAWARI hotel.
When the victim arrived, the suspect, DANIEL ZACCANTI, was waiting in front of the hotel and he told the phone seller that his girlfriend needed to look at the phones in the hotel. The victim gave those phones to the suspect, who then walked very fast and jumped into the Lexus car driven by the British male suspect identified as STUART BREAKELL (but is really James Joseph Robert Whitlow), and the two thieves drove away.

The phone seller reported the case to police, and they then arrested the three foreigners who will appear in Phnom Penh Municipal Court.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
itsmebossho
Tourist
United States of America

Re: Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police: 1 British Man,1 British Woman, and 1 Argentinian Arrested in Phnom Penh

Post by itsmebossho »

thats like 3 arrests for Daniel in the last few months that we know of and what has happened with him? puzzling, glad to see that he is looking healthy actually, from what I heard he had more serious injuries than it appears here from a smackdown last April. The Brits are unknown to me, glad not to know them.
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police: 1 British Man,1 British Woman, and 1 Argentinian Arrested in Phnom Penh

Post by Splashback »

itsmebossho wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:52 pm thats like 3 arrests for Daniel in the last few months that we know of and what has happened with him? puzzling, glad to see that he is looking healthy actually, from what I heard he had more serious injuries than it appears here from a smackdown last April. The Brits are unknown to me, glad not to know them.
Ahh, that's Daniel the ex-football player. What else had he been nabbed for? The other guy appears to be the infamous James Whitlow, who goes by 5 or so names. Hopefully it all catches up with these jokers.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Jamie and Daniel are visibly druggies, I wonder what's wrong with Stuart.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I saw her in the city center recently and did a double take. dodgy pajamas and bad general attitude, I made sure not to let her look directly in my eyes lest I be tempted by evil spirits. :roll:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

They asked the victim to deliver the phones to them at the HIMAWARI hotel.
When the victim arrived, the suspect, DANIEL ZACCANTI, was waiting in front of the hotel ..... The victim gave those phones to the suspect, who then walked very fast and jumped into the Lexus car driven by the British male suspect identified as STUART BREAKELL, and the two thieves drove away.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

My, how life in Phnom Penh can change you. She doesn't look like the same person, but there can not be two female British school teachers in Phnom Penh with same name.

Jamie Louise Rhodes from her FB profile photo in 2016 - works as a school teacher in Phnom Penh.

Jamie Louise Rhodes gets arrested on November 2020 - works as a phone stealer, ripping off local people in Phnom Penh.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I see James Whitlows (Whidlow) old girlfriend is still hanging with the best and brightest.

general-chatter/james-whitlow-aka-whild ... 36-10.html

A kindergarten teacher to boot.

Do any HR people do basic background checks? Hell even googling a name would have pulled her dodgy acquaintances.

It was only a few weeks ago I was sat with one of our recruiters while he was waiting for an applicant to arrive for their interview and he was enthusing over their CV.
I logged off the game I was playing and within 3 minutes had found photos of the applicant in various states of inebriation from drink and weed. A few of her posts that people had shared on their less secure accounts were also pretty damning.

So yeah ...... the Internets a btch with a long memory and a loose tongue.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's really methed up. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
itsmebossho
Tourist
United States of America

Post by itsmebossho »

Ok, I'm going to blame the beer, it must be these lucky ring pull beers I keep winning cuz she even used her name in the arrest and i guess I just could not fathom that they were all there in one glorious shot. I guess I just could not accept that it could be so easy and that was the notorious and most wanted man I know of- James Whitlow accompanied by Sadie Mae Glutz aka Jamie Louise Rhodes

I've only been close up to Whitlow once and only after he left was his identity revealed to me. The guy has probably walked by me 20 times and I did not know him, it's been pointed out to me. There are many who would pay for a parting shot at that guy, better keep him out in isolation so he doesn't get some street justice in the local cell before he goes to the big cell. It will be interesting to see what he ends up going down for. It's too bad they don't just open this case up to the court of public opinion and let him fry in the pan of venomous hatred he has garnered for himself.
Last edited by itsmebossho on Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic