Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police, Including British JAMES WHITLOW and British Female JAMIE RHODES in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police, Including British JAMES WHITLOW and British Female JAMIE RHODES in Cambodi

Post by whatwat »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:01 am I'm wondering whether it might be worthwhile tipping off the British Embassy or MI5 or someone to ensure that this scumbag is dealt with to the full extent of the law then deported to face whatever outstanding warrants he has back there.
MI5 is domestic. I think you mean MI6 but two-bit crime isn’t there forte.
NCA might be interested but I doubt it.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police: 1 British Man,1 British Woman, and 1 Argentinian Arrested in Phnom Penh

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:04 am How come a few members on an small internet forum can put all this together, but the Cambodian police force can't ?

Anybody want to give the police a helping hand to get some low lifes off the street & in prison ?
PP isn't a big city and word get out if you're acting a fool (i.e Shitty Plats)
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police: 1 British Man,1 British Woman, and 1 Argentinian Arrested in Phnom Penh

Post by Alex »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:28 pm
jaynewcastle wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:04 am How come a few members on an small internet forum can put all this together, but the Cambodian police force can't ?

Anybody want to give the police a helping hand to get some low lifes off the street & in prison ?
Which makes it even more surprising that they can perpetuate their shenanigans for as long as they can though!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Alex wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:00 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Which makes it even more surprising that they can perpetuate their shenanigans for as long as they can though!
I reckon they were only just a few steps ahead of the boys in brown. They are not master criminals and the police aren't master sleuths. Interest in them was not that high. Eventually they catch up and when they do they will pile on the charges, make a few up and then enjoy their 100% conviction rate.

Now we get to enjoy the Cambodian Justice system and all it's own shenanigans.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police, Including British JAMES WHITLOW and British Female JAMIE RHODES in Cambodi

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:15 am
Username Taken wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:01 am I'm wondering whether it might be worthwhile tipping off the British Embassy or MI5 or someone to ensure that this scumbag is dealt with to the full extent of the law then deported to face whatever outstanding warrants he has back there.
I am fairly confident that someone at the British Embassy keeps an eye on CEO. They seem to have bugger all else to do these days.
I’d suggest they purposely avoid CEO to keep their blank investigation calendar empty ....
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:20 pm I see James Whitlows (Whidlow) old girlfriend is still hanging with the best and brightest.

general-chatter/james-whitlow-aka-whild ... 36-10.html

A kindergarten teacher to boot.

Do any HR people do basic background checks? Hell even googling a name would have pulled her dodgy acquaintances.

It was only a few weeks ago I was sat with one of our recruiters while he was waiting for an applicant to arrive for their interview and he was enthusing over their CV.
I logged off the game I was playing and within 3 minutes had found photos of the applicant in various states of inebriation from drink and weed. A few of her posts that people had shared on their less secure accounts were also pretty damning.

So yeah ...... the Internets a btch with a long memory and a loose tongue.
My guess would be that she was a teacher up until she went off the rails a few years ago and just used that as her occupation when arrested but was likely to not have worked for a long time as they apparently crossed the country scamming people and changing location regularly. By all accounts on both forums they have been running around scamming for over 2 years so unlikely to have been teaching and as JB has mentioned he saw her wandering around in PJ's.

A tragic change in the young lady, from fresh-faced pretty smiling one with eyes full of life in one picture to turn into resembling a small boy, that haircut is a crime in itself.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:53 pm
A tragic change in the young lady, from fresh-faced pretty smiling one with eyes full of life in one picture to turn into resembling a small boy, that haircut is a crime in itself.
Sometimes life can take you down some dark corridors. I see that Jamie has a lot of family and friends on her fb page, do they know where she's at ?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Well I was doing a search on Whitlow and I found this ;-) Holy hell. Take care out there.

Whitlow - Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
[Search domain www.healthgrades.com/right-care/infecti ... es/whitlow] https://www.healthgrades.com/right-care ... es/whitlow
A whitlow is a painful and highly contagious infection on the fingers caused by the herpes simplex virus. It is also known as herpetic whitlow. There are two types of herpes simplex virus—type 1 and type 2—and both can cause herpetic whitlow.
Herpetic whitlow

A herpetic whitlow is a lesion (whitlow) on a finger or thumb caused by the herpes simplex virus. It is a painful infection that typically affects the fingers or thumbs. Occasionally infection occurs on the toes or on the nail cuticle. Herpes whitlow can be caused by infection by HSV-1 or HSV-2.[1] HSV-1 whitlow is often contracted by health care workers that come in contact with the virus; it is most commonly contracted by dental workers and medical workers exposed to oral secretions.[2][3] It is also often observed in thumb-sucking children with primary HSV-1 oral infection (autoinoculation) prior to seroconversion,[1] and in adults aged 20 to 30 following contact with HSV-2-infected genitals
wikipedia
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

JAMES WHITLOW and JAMIE RHODES
This was posted in a Khmer news report 4 hours ago. (Shame that the names given in the Khmer media are still incorrect.)

Have the British Embassy made any noises yet about doing everything in their power to ensure a just legal process for Whitlow and Rhodes ? Are they sending comfort packages for the prisoners ? Oatmeal and ovaltine ? Real ale ?
Are the Brits doing anything at all about these disgraceful scammers ?
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:51 pm Well I was doing a search on Whitlow and I found this ;-) Holy hell. Take care out there.

Whitlow - Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
[Search domain www.healthgrades.com/right-care/infecti ... es/whitlow] https://www.healthgrades.com/right-care ... es/whitlow
A whitlow is a painful and highly contagious infection on the fingers caused by the herpes simplex virus. It is also known as herpetic whitlow. There are two types of herpes simplex virus—type 1 and type 2—and both can cause herpetic whitlow.

Might say more about your internet search history ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic