Tough one - Deep Cycle battery charger 220v

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Tough one - Deep Cycle battery charger 220v

Post by Matty9999 »

Tough one - Deep Cycle battery charger 220v, where can I find? I am planning to use it to charge a deep cycle battery i bought in the USA to power some small appliances but the bad news i zapped the 110v charger by plugging it into 220v so now i need a 220v charger and will toss the broken one.

Compact size is a plus, where an i find in PP? the power doesn't have to be much either, just enough to charge a deep cycle battery overnight.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Tough one - Deep Cycle battery charger 220v

Post by canucklhead »

North of the gun circle there are a host of tool shops with a good selection.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Matty9999 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:36 pm Tough one - Deep Cycle battery charger 220v, where can I find? I am planning to use it to charge a deep cycle battery i bought in the USA to power some small appliances but the bad news i zapped the 110v charger by plugging it into 220v so now i need a 220v charger and will toss the broken one.

Compact size is a plus, where an i find in PP? the power doesn't have to be much either, just enough to charge a deep cycle battery overnight.
Why not repair the 110v one and purchase a 220v to 110v step down transformer? That way you could run every 110v thing you brought from the states.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Marty wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:09 am
Matty9999 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:36 pm Tough one - Deep Cycle battery charger 220v, where can I find? I am planning to use it to charge a deep cycle battery i bought in the USA to power some small appliances but the bad news i zapped the 110v charger by plugging it into 220v so now i need a 220v charger and will toss the broken one.

Why not repair the 110v one and purchase a 220v to 110v step down transformer? That way you could run every 110v thing you brought from the states.
I actually tried to have this aussie guy repair it for me, but he failed so i guess ill just replace it.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

The guys that sell batteries on the street that runs across the south side of Orussey Market just off Monivong might also sell chargers. Although I see them using solar panels to charge them there.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Found this at Heng Shreng Battery Shop about 6 blocks from Orrusey MArket. Lightweight lead battery charger.

This being said, i was thinking of purchasing a lithium ion battery because they are more lightweight however more expensive, and see how that works with the stuff i bought from the USA.

One point of warning, if you fly with of these via FAA rules it must be below 160 watt hours which puts it at 12 ampere hours size. Shockingly thats the exact size i have in lead. I have a lead deep cycle battery which powers a few appliances for a total of 12 hours. WAs thinking of getting a backup in lithium and then doing an endurance test, but then i may also have to get a charger for lithium ion, we will see. Stay tuned.

A lead 12 AH battery get this weighs 8.5 us lbs so its definitely not cheap if you want to put it inside of luggage and send it on an airplane.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic