Mysterious alien like monolith found in US desert

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Mysterious alien like monolith found in US desert

Post by phuketrichard »

LOS ANGELES: A mysterious metal monolith found in the remote desert of the western United States, sparking a national guessing game over how it got there, has apparently disappeared, officials said Saturday.

The Bureau of Land Management in Utah said it had received "credible reports" that the object had been removed "by an unknown party" on Friday evening.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/20272 ... SAj47kEFzc
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

So today i bring a special ting for you

I could
I could easily, like
I could like, purchase it
Like, I could, like, purchase it for myself, you know what i mean? but i don't wanna do that
I wanna like, do a good thing and gift it to people, you know what i mean?

(So i stole it and it could be yours if you just, like, gimmie all your details, you know wad i mean?)

You know wad i'm sayin'
Like, the trust is yours Man

techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

Now that the Utah one is gone, there's one in Romania: https://futurism.com/the-byte/mysteriou ... th-romania

Where's it off to next?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^ Is it accompanied by a garden gnome by any chance?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^^
Ah, from the land of vampires :evil: :dragonchase:
This particular monolith seems to have been a rush job, or subject to damage — pictures of the installation show a surface marked by uneven circular etchings. The base also shows clear signs of recent digging. If aliens were responsible for this one, they were clearly on a tight budget and turnaround time this time around. https://futurism.com/the-byte/mysteriou ... th-romania

Another mysterious monolith has surfaced in Romania, days after one vanished without a trace in the Utah desert.

The shiny triangular metallic pillar was found a few yards away from an ancient landmark called the Petrodava Dacian Fortress in the city of Piatra Neamt on Thursday, according to the Daily Mail. It measures 13 feet tall and one side faces Mount Ceahlau — one of the seven natural wonders of Romania that is known locally as the Holy Mountain.
Spoiler:
The origin of the structure has Romanian officials as baffled as their counterparts in Utah. “We have started looking into the strange appearance of the monolith,” Neamt Culture and Heritage official Rocsana Josanu said, per the British paper.

Full: https://nypost.com/2020/11/30/another-m ... n-romania/
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Photographer confirms humans removed mysterious Utah monolith
Four men destroyed metal pillar, saying: ‘Leave no trace’

Good work? or "bad actors"?

Maybe low life thieves hoping to make a buck.
or the local red-neck good 'ol boys who don't want outsiders flooding their nice quiet private desert hidaway
or Atifa Greenies stewarding the local pristine environment

Good work in any case
I would have done it just as part of the art that it always was

it's not about the object, 'never was
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A 3rd metal monolith has appeared in California

Metal monolith mania has swept the world in the last two weeks. Now, a third metal slab has appeared atop Pine Mountain in Atascadero, California.

Hikers stumbled across the 10-foot-tall, stainless steel monolith on Wednesday morning. It’s almost an exact match to two other metal monoliths that appeared in Utah and Romania in the last two weeks.

According to local outlet Atascadero News, the California monolith was three-sided, just like the one in Utah. But unlike the one in the Utah desert, this 200-pound structure wasn’t firmly attached to the ground and could be knocked over with a firm push.

It’s unclear where this new monolith came from, and when it got put up. But local hiker Ray Johnson told Atascadero News the structure was not there on Tuesday.

Full: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/thir ... ia-2020-12
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

2001 Space Odyssey's ending was a bit confusing, but the end of the novel it originated from was more explicit :

" ....So they left a sentinel, one of millions they have scattered throughout the Universe, watching over
all worlds with the promise of life. It was a beacon that down the ages has been patiently signaling
the fact that no one had discovered it.
Perhaps you understand now why that crystal pyramid was set upon the Moon instead of on the
Earth. Its builders were not concerned with races still struggling up from savagery. They would be
interested in our civilization only if we proved our fitness to survive -by crossing space and so
escaping from the Earth, our cradle. That is the challenge that all intelligent races must meet,
sooner or later. It is a double challenge, for it depends in turn upon the conquest of atomic energy
and the last choice between life and death.
Once we had passed that crisis, it was only a matter of time before we found the pyramid and
forced it open. Now its signals have ceased, and those whose duty it is will be turning their minds
upon Earth. Perhaps they wish to help our infant civilization. But they must be very, very old, and
the old are often insanely jealous of the young.
I can never look now at the Milky Way without wondering from which of those banked clouds of
stars the emissaries are coming. If you will pardon so commonplace a simile, we have set off the
fire-alarm and have nothing to do but to wait.
I do not think we will have to wait for long."

Arthur C Clarke, 1951

Oldies goldies.

Anyway, it would be pretty dumb for aliens to put an alarm nowadays, and on Earth. We might be a retarded specie in the universe, but we can still find a piece of metal to scrap, a few miles away in the countryside, aren't we ?

I like the hide and seek concept though.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic