Happy Thanksgiving Day

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Happy Thanksgiving Day

Post by Doc67 »

To all our American members,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

and thanks for a good excuse to have a beer with some of you at the much too early time of 2pm.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day

Post by Apollo91881 »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:23 pm To all our American members,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

and thanks for a good excuse to have a beer with some of you at the much too early time of 2pm.
2pm is about the right time for a holiday ... perhaps even a little late.
SEAdude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SEAdude »

Thx brother. Samnangler!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:23 pm To all our American members,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Thanks bud. :thumb:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hope you US expats had a happy Thanksgiving.
As a non-US expat, I was wondering how important this date is for you when you live in Cambodia. Did you seek out other US people and try to find a traditional turkey dinner, did you celebrate with Khmer family in Cambodian style, or did you just get drunk, because "it's Thanksgiving" ? Or non of the above ?
I don't celebrate Xmas, but do tend to catch up with friends and drink more because " it's Xmas". I don't know why. Any excuse for a holiday ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all my American friends. I probably have more American friends than European ones, those guys mostly suck. :? 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:33 pm Hope you US expats had a happy Thanksgiving.
As a non-US expat, I was wondering how important this date is for you when you live in Cambodia. Did you seek out other US people and try to find a traditional turkey dinner, did you celebrate with Khmer family in Cambodian style, or did you just get drunk, because "it's Thanksgiving" ? Or non of the above ?
I don't celebrate Xmas, but do tend to catch up with friends and drink more because " it's Xmas". I don't know why. Any excuse for a holiday ?

I had a Thanksgiving dinner with a friend (a fellow "seppo") this year simply because it's definitely not something I usually do and couldn't tell you the last time I had one. So, I just thought, in a rather dull year in which not much has happened, having a Thanksgiving dinner might be a unique and somewhat refreshing experience, something a little out of the ordinary.

It was, slightly, and I don't regret it. Also, now that I got that out of the way, I can completely ignore Christmas, well, except for the wretched music and decorations :evil:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Waiting all year for this.

From Luby’s Cafeteria. Sadly, the chain has filed for Chapter 11, and will close after 2020.

Happy Thanksgiving!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I am duty bound to resist the dastardly cultural domination of USA re celebrations like Halloween and Thanksgiving spreading across the globe.

But i do wish all Americans -
Ava bonza day, a bloody good feed, and get roaring drunk (or not) with all your rello's and mates.

You Seppo's are actually not half as foul as you sometimes like to pretend.
Luvya's all! (today)
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I completely ignored Thanksgiving when I lived in Cambodia. Ignoring it this year in USA also, but that's due to the virus spiking.

Plus I didn't socialize with many seppos in Cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic