Happy Thanksgiving Day

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day

Post by Brody »

I must say that Lonestar did an outstanding Thanksgiving feed.

Well done.

Though I must take exception to one particularly blustery patron who felt the need to jabber away to the cashier in that godawful, bastardized, bar-girl, pidgin English.

Mate, you're not doing her any favors and sound like the utmost cringe-worthy tool whilst doing so. :thumb:

I also saw a recently banned CEO'er and his newish bride.........which was amusing as I fondly recall her from her prior profession.

Overall, wonderful meal......attentive service.........but also a stern reminder as to why I don't enjoy mixing with western expats in bars.

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

For after Thanksgiving. Total tryptophan coma after this weekend is done.

And don’t forget the pumpkin and pecan pies.
And the rolls. Then it’s meal complete.

Grew up in the New England, where the Thanksgiving tradition began.

The warm fuzzy feeling of going back to the imaginary happiness of youth.

Now if there was some real coffee milk, and frozen lemonade, it would be a time machine. And clam sauce pizza, lobster rolls, and clam cakes.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

What, did you have two Thanksgiving meals, you fat bastard?!?
newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:36 am Image

Now if there was some real coffee milk, and frozen lemonade, it would be a time machine. And clam sauce pizza, lobster rolls, and clam cakes.

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:56 am Image

Waiting all year for this.

From Luby’s Cafeteria. Sadly, the chain has filed for Chapter 11, and will close after 2020.

Happy Thanksgiving!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

I am G’Mab.

Actually it’s 2 meals so far.

Had the turkey leg dinner then fell asleep. Woke up to drive to a co-workers house for Thanksgiving dinner. And play with their 2 dogs and 6 cats. The other dinners are for the rest of the weekend holiday.

Will become a stuffed Turkey.

Rinse and repeat for Christmas.

Then New Year’s Resolution Time.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

I was expecting something totally different to look at when i looked at the thread.
It's supposed to be like a 2nd Christmas for you guys, but it looks strange

What happened to this, or around this ?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Glad you enjoyed it, but that looks like vomit IMO. You need to photoshop your food photos. Happy Thanksgiving anyway. ;-)
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

is there a photo after it was cooked?

are you related to the poster 'yong'?
perhaps not

monstra mihi bona!
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

When I was at school in the UK some 200 years ago, we had a similar thing to Thanksgiving but we called ours The Harvest Festival. I think it was based on the same principle that it was all about giving thanks for that years yield of crops. It seemed to be more of a school associated thing rather than anything people would celebrate at home. All the schoolkids had to bring some kind of food in to the school and it was all laid out on a table. It didn't occur to any of us at the time who actually took all the food home at the end of the day. I'm guessing it was given to charity.

I haven't heard of it being done ever since I left school and have no idea if it's still a thing in the UK or not. If there's any UK members here who remembers it or can shed any light on it...?

Regardless, Happy Thanksgiving to all you Yanks out there.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Anchor Moy wrote:You need to photoshop your food photos. Happy Thanksgiving anyway.
Photoshop’ed food? That’s a thing? Sorry, I am out of fashion (another missus coined term about me.)

Everything is smothered in gravy, and will taste delicious today.

Original Thanksgiving was a praise to god almighty for just being alive to enjoy the harvest, when so many had perished. And a thanks to the Natives (American Indians) for teaching them how to survive.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Dude, that looks like congealed mush. Luckily you have your misses coming over soon who can cook you some decent bor-bor, or you can teach her how to make grits or whatever it is you eat in the south. Good luck. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic