Professional Thief (Expat)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Professional Thief (Expat)

Post by Username Taken »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:52 am by regulars (some of who have been . . . .
flea
BANNED

Post by flea »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:07 am
General Mackevili wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:52 am by regulars (some of who have been . . . .
I'm trying to understand this joke can you explain it a little bit more please?
Alexandra
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Alexandra »

There is nothing deceptive in letting people comment without signing up. There are plenty of newspapers and other websites that allow comments without registration.

There’s a good reason why you would never be able to pull it off. You don’t have the technical ability to combat spam, as we clearly see when your signup form is broken because you don’t know how to configure reCAPTCHA.

There is one person who knows our guest statistics and that person is me. Not you and not speculating users on our board.

I just had a look, I actually track these things. Since the guest function was rolled out we have had a total of 2,648 guest posts written by 542 unique users.

Well, go on then. That was a very short list of “deceptive tricks”. What else?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:18 pm
Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:38 pm It was still posted on CEO a good 12-ish hours before 440.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
gibbo0 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:36 pm He's been bailed, I don't know how he does it but apparently him and his Mrs are out and the other guy remanded 😂😂😂
You're welcome :hattip:
There's no time on exhibit B
I checked that out and you are correct, it was on here first. It was on Cambodia News English before that though, a lot of stories on these forums and Reddit etc seem to break from there as it translates the Khmer media before anyone else.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
flea
BANNED

Post by flea »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:40 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:18 pm
Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:38 pm It was still posted on CEO a good 12-ish hours before 440.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
gibbo0 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:36 pm He's been bailed, I don't know how he does it but apparently him and his Mrs are out and the other guy remanded 😂😂😂
You're welcome :hattip:
There's no time on exhibit B
I checked that out and you are correct, it was on here first. It was on Cambodia News English before that though, a lot of stories on these forums and Reddit etc seem to break from there as it translates the Khmer media before anyone else.
I can't understand why people were making allegations about manipulating times and dates. Why would the other forum want to get the story before this forum?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:07 pm Squabbles aside, does either forum have more than the assertion of a previously unknown poster that these two have in fact been let off/bailed?
Exactly. Does anyone have proof that Whitlow and his girlfriend have been released ?
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:09 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:07 pm Squabbles aside, does either forum have more than the assertion of a previously unknown poster that these two have in fact been let off/bailed?
Exactly. Does anyone have proof that Whitlow and his girlfriend have been released ?

Apparently not.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:09 pm
"Proof"? AM, you clearly have a taste for luxuries...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Alexandra wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:41 pm There is nothing deceptive in letting people comment without signing up. There are plenty of newspapers and other websites that allow comments without registration.

There’s a good reason why you would never be able to pull it off. You don’t have the technical ability to combat spam, as we clearly see when your signup form is broken because you don’t know how to configure reCAPTCHA.

There is one person who knows our guest statistics and that person is me. Not you and not speculating users on our board.

I just had a look, I actually track these things. Since the guest function was rolled out we have had a total of 2,648 guest posts written by 542 unique users.

Well, go on then. That was a very short list of “deceptive tricks”. What else?
@General Mackevili Can you move this to the techy zone before everyone starts to fall asleep?
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Unfortunately the news of his release are true. Superduper is looking for him but for his wrong name and they seem to take care less about it when we tried to help them. And an other case of stealing $1000 is reported. According to my sources he was able to convince the officials that all the cases were done by an Argentinian guy. I don't get it, because there is evidence on video, but it seems that he has good connections and knows who to pay what. Sad story, I don't think this will end soon
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic