Professional Thief (Expat)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Professional Thief (Expat)

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:38 am
Sambodia wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:05 am
ressl wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:02 am Small update: James was the guy. We got in touch with the officials on Sunday, but had to wait until yesterday. It turned out that we were by far not the only ones who reported more cases about him to them.
Unless he has one of his "Get Out of Jail Free" cards left, it is unlikely that he will get away this time
They’re saying on TOF that he’s out
Yes, we already know they read CEO. :thumb:

post460395.html#p460395
It was on there first!

Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:36 am
ressl wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:02 am Small update: James was the guy. We got in touch with the officials on Sunday, but had to wait until yesterday. It turned out that we were by far not the only ones who reported more cases about him to them.
Unless he has one of his "Get Out of Jail Free" cards left, it is unlikely that he will get away this time

post460395.html#p460395
It was on there first!

Haha, I assure you that was AFTER they 'edited' their forum, no surprise.

Notice how a post by someone who said 'i heard he was released' after we posted it was deleted, and then a post from 'earlier' magically appeared on there in its place? If you still fall for their deceptive tricks over there, I have a bridge to sell you. :facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:00 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:36 am

post460395.html#p460395
It was on there first!

Haha, I assure you that was AFTER they 'edited' their forum, no surprise.

Notice how a post by someone who said 'i heard he was released' after we posted it was deleted, and then a post from 'earlier' magically appeared on there in its place? If you still fall for their deceptive tricks over there, I have a bridge to sell you. :facepalm:
Yeah, they are worse than cheating Joe Biden over there. 8)
Alexandra
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Alexandra »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:00 pm Haha, I assure you that was AFTER they 'edited' their forum, no surprise.

We don’t “edit our forum”, whatever that means. When guest posts are approved they are published with the time stamp for when they were written, not published. When a guest post appears after it’s been it’s because a moderator didn’t approve it instantly when the author wrote it.

Why don’t you go ahead and list the “deceptive tricks” that you are accusing us of? That could be fun.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

It was still posted on CEO a good 12-ish hours before 440.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
gibbo0 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:36 pm He's been bailed, I don't know how he does it but apparently him and his Mrs are out and the other guy remanded 😂😂😂
You're welcome :hattip:
Alexandra
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Alexandra »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:38 pm It was still posted on CEO a good 12-ish hours before 440.
And? Strange thing to pick a fight about. You should put a muzzle on your master.

I want to hear about our deceptive tricks.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Considering I approved the post when I got up this morning, I don't understand the issue. It appears by time originally posted, not approval time.

As far as who posted the information first, I saw it here first after I approved the post in question. I don't understand the issue.

Further, I would not abide bullshit like changing shit around on 440 to suit any agenda and would quit as a moderator if I thought it was an issue.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Squabbles aside, does either forum have more than the assertion of a previously unknown poster that these two have in fact been let off/bailed?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:38 pm It was still posted on CEO a good 12-ish hours before 440.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
gibbo0 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:36 pm He's been bailed, I don't know how he does it but apparently him and his Mrs are out and the other guy remanded 😂😂😂
You're welcome :hattip:
There's no time on exhibit B
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Alexandra wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:28 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:00 pm Haha, I assure you that was AFTER they 'edited' their forum, no surprise.

We don’t “edit our forum”, whatever that means. When guest posts are approved they are published with the time stamp for when they were written, not published. When a guest post appears after it’s been it’s because a moderator didn’t approve it instantly when the author wrote it.

Why don’t you go ahead and list the “deceptive tricks” that you are accusing us of? That could be fun.
Again, I was just pointing out that it was in fact on CEO first, and that Bingham's assertion of 'it was on there first' was wrong, and I agree with you that it's hardly anything to quibble over, yet here we are, lol.

Since you asked...

Your 'guest post' feature is about as deceptive of a trick you can come up with over there. Based on its very name, you'd assume that it was used by 'guests' on the forum who might want to join a discussion, but can't be fussed to register. But in practice, it's most obviously used by a small handful of members you've managed to retain over there, and I'm sure you know that better than me. If you think you're fooling anyone into believing that a bunch of random 'guests' are signing up to make inside jokes and take jabs at members, then I got news for you: nobody's buying that deception. By others admission on there, it's clearly used by a handful of remaining members to post crap they don't want to put under their usual name. Most forum teams work hard to get people signed up and to keep the place free of trolls/socks, but it looks like you actively encourage it. If your goal is to fool people into thinking more individuals are engaging in discussions over there, I'd say it's doing the exact opposite, and you're likely turning off people who clearly see what's going on.

Hell, you even just allowed an obvious regular to use the 'guest' feature (which has to be approved by a mod) to take a cheap shot at Fred Edwards for not even having a friend in the world to bail him out of Prey Sar Prision. I'm probably the last person that would go to bat for him, but that's poor form, and it's not like it was a one-off either. And I've even been accused of using 'guest posting' over there, but I assure you I haven't posted there in a long time, and I've also never used your 'guest' feature at all.

So take my advice and get rid of that silly 'guest post' feature that is clearly used almost exclusively by regulars (some of who have been publicly busted and called out for it on there), or at the very least, stop approving total garbage posts by socks. It's obviously your forum, so do what you want, but I'd think it would be a no-brainer to axe it.

If that post was just a delayed approved guest post, then that's good news, but there was clearly some confusion around it, and I was just calling that out since it was brought up. I can't imagine there being much more to discuss about this, but if there is, I'll move any further comments to this more fitting topic. :hattip:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic