Professional Thief (Expat)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Professional Thief (Expat)

Post by General Mackevili »

Kind of sounds like James Whitlow, another alleged professional scammer in Cambodia who's always up to these things.

Can you share the video footage with us? Even without a clear shot of his face, it's possible it will help him get recognized.

Here's James Whitlow:

ImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Professional thiev (expat)

Post by Matty9999 »

ssian wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:35 pm Sounds kind of scary and the varieties of passports he got hands on was quite astonishing... Could he be some fake Visa agency?
Yes i wonder if its like this... if you send a passport to a travel agency to renew, they take it for a week, i did this over in Siem reap and they took my passport for a week and i paid them $50, they then copy it, and can make a dupe and give it to someone else.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

@General Mackevili: I would love to do that, but I don't know how, due to the site does not allow video uploads and I hesitate to upload that stuff on youtube...
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

No idea if Whitlow is said thief here, but he's certainly still knocking around PP - last seen checking into a hotel with a Bulgarian driving license very recently.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Recently I listed a laptop for sale on FB. I received a message from a Filipino guy's account at 8.30pm during one of those torrential rainstorms asking me if I could take it to him at the Cambodiana Hotel. Buggered if I was going to go out in a blizzard, so I told him if he wanted it he could come to get it the next day. But he kept pushing for me to go to him, even if it was the next day.

I don't know if the guy was the real FB account holder or if he'd been hacked. This thread just reminded me because it was a bit weird at the time. If I'm selling something I expect the buyer to come to me. I might do a bit of snooping and see if he has approached others on that group in a similar way.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:48 am Recently I listed a laptop for sale on FB. I received a message from a Filipino guy's account at 8.30pm during one of those torrential rainstorms asking me if I could take it to him at the Cambodiana Hotel. Buggered if I was going to go out in a blizzard, so I told him if he wanted it he could come to get it the next day. But he kept pushing for me to go to him, even if it was the next day.

I don't know if the guy was the real FB account holder or if he'd been hacked. This thread just reminded me because it was a bit weird at the time. If I'm selling something I expect the buyer to come to me. I might do a bit of snooping and see if he has approached others on that group in a similar way.
Looks like you might of dodged a bullet. The Cambodiana has a nice lobby and bar area for a meeting and many routes out the back to make a clean getaway.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:01 am
timmydownawell wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:48 am Recently I listed a laptop for sale on FB. I received a message from a Filipino guy's account at 8.30pm during one of those torrential rainstorms asking me if I could take it to him at the Cambodiana Hotel. Buggered if I was going to go out in a blizzard, so I told him if he wanted it he could come to get it the next day. But he kept pushing for me to go to him, even if it was the next day.

Looks like you might of dodged a bullet. The Cambodiana has a nice lobby and bar area for a meeting and many routes out the back to make a clean getaway.
I wouldn't have done it anyway. Buyer needs to come to me.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Sorry Hanno
General Mackevili wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:58 pm
hanno wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:05 am The guy is heading for a serious beating if he stays in Cambodia.
I'd normally agree, as it sounds pretty logical, but dipshits like him seem to be able to continue scamming people damn near forever in Cambodia without catching an overdue ass beating.
I reckon The Gen's prediction will get the prize this year too
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

I found a nice video upload page for free. Here are the first 2 videos, when he cheated Food Panda of a bottles of wine for several hundred dollars:

Last edited by ressl on Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

This is when he stole 2 phones:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic