Riverside days and nights

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: Riverside days and nights

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Riverside @ Night:
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Looking again at the video again I notice that he forgot he stashed his ice in his hat and has to stop and pick it up
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Nice thread. I remember the riverside before to was developed and the Japanese flood stuff was installed. It was a shame to lose the big trees but it has worked out pretty well.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

After all the closures, finally, a new opening. ABA Bank has refurbished the unit that was next to the old Blue Pumpkin.
The ground floor will be ATMs and the upper floors will be offices.

The promenade had been getting popular in the evenings leading up to the 8pm curfew but the big lockdown has led to the cops making it the focus of their attention and it is now deserted at all times of the day and night.

The river flow has been switching directions almost daily. When the Mekong flows into it, the colour changes from brown to blue.

The Sokha Hotel pre-Covid had few lights on in the evening. Then it had a lot, now middling.

Lately some entire houses have been sailing down river. They are propelled by boats lashed to their sides. Curious to know their destination, I followed their leisurely progress. They douibled back and went north up the Mekong.

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:04 pm After all the closures, finally, a new opening. ABA Bank has refurbished the unit that was next to the old Blue Pumpkin.
The ground floor will be ATMs and the upper floors will be offices.
That will be handy coz that Central Market branch is usually crowded (in non covid times) if you have to see someone in the office.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

The Riverside road is getting more busy in the daytime and the pigeons are having to concede their tarmac positions back to the traffic. The cops continue a policy of zero tolerance of people on the promenade, however, so the birds have that area to themselves. But the hornbills came this afternoon and spooked the pigeons feasting on some cooked rice left by the crazy Chinese woman who wears a crash helmet and carries multiple bags. On inspection the hornbills decided it wasn't worth descending to ground level, they rarely do that, preferring perches high on the coconut palms or on vacant balconies.
The roadblock outside Starbucks is still manned but vehicles no longer routinely stop for a conversation before continuing or reversing back whence they came.
Many new concrete benches were installed on the promenade going south from Starbucks towards the Palace, they form a long forlorn line of vacant seating.
At night it is very quiet. The Sokha Hotel twinkles continue to dwindle in number.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

What are those big birds I saw today that look like a cross between a shag and a vulture? One was a bit wayward and flew close to me on my balcony. Most unattractive creatures. Particularly, as I had come out on to the balcony to check out an attractive tall blonde walking past my window. I knew she was tall because I\m on the 13th floor. Badoum-tish!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Moon on the water.