Riverside days and nights

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Riverside days and nights

Post by Phnom Poon »

i think the riverside has been gradually upgraded, quite tastefully, so far, avoiding sterility to some extent

this isn't that:

monstra mihi bona!
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

MAGA wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:09 pm I haven't seen the Filipino scammers for a while on Riverside. Where have they gone?
Hopefully in some jail.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

A few times I've been on the riverside recently there are kids selling small, but tasty, strawberries. So they are an okay snack, like the quails eggs or whatever hawkers sell. But then there are some Filipino women who are quite a bit older and are into selling snacks and stuff too. They are a bit pushy and I don't pay much attention to them.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Almost no moon, just the narrowest tight razor-sharp smile like a vietnamese hooker on St 130 at 3am.

Go home and grab your throw-net and head back to the river's side.
The last couple of hours before dawn should offer up a good feed of prawns.

and then, who knows?
the world is your oyster... by 6 am that VN ice-queen hooker could be like warm smooth honey in your arms.

(psst, 'works wonders better than a bunch of flowers around these parts, Fisherman Hero.)
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

The river is back to a strong southerly flow after a week of feeble northerly.
The hornbills fly at 5pm, hopping from one coconut tree to the next, feasting on the sprigs left behind after the nuts have fallen. Locals say they also steal small birds' eggs.
Finally they all gather atop the huge billboard opposite the night market before the flock returns to wherever they call home.
Viva, the Mexican restaurant, has now succumbed to the relentless scourge. Also Jaan.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

I rarely log in to the forum but I had to say how much I'm enjoying this thread. Please keep up!
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Just watch out for the theives. It's obvious who they are are as they don't try to hide it. No idea why nobody stops them. They carry weapons but they aren't big. Same gang has been there at least 3 months and the police and stall holders choose to ignore them but they try to steal from everyone that goes there. I had to break the news to a barang lady today that a guy had just creeped up behind her and stolen her phone.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

So many businesses from ship's chandlers to bistros have opened and closed along the quays over the decades, but death never goes out of business. ☠
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

By now accounts, those family run places have been around since the 1800s/early 1900s. I wonder if their location changed over the years or not. I should probably go ask them one day.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

http://vimeo.com/524215232this guy does this to dozens of people every day. Usually they notice and he just duckwalks away but often he gets a phone or wallet. He's been doing it for months. He also openly assults women. There is no policing at all at riverside
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic