Riverside days and nights

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Riverside days and nights

Post by atst »

[quote=armchairlawyer post_id=458558 time=1606120963 user_id=4704

A barang, walking in the evening shadiness, doing a rugby fly half shimmy to evade a woman trying to tackle him.
[/quote]
Your a poet, that rugby fly half discription is brilliant, except it was probably me :beer3:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Re-ready this I'm struggling to hold back a happy tear, yes I'm a big softy :bow: and had a couple of drinks
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

Sand cargo boats, almost underwater,
I wondered what they were, look like they are only inches above the surface, i figured they were full of something but don't member seeing them sitting high being empty

sand from where to where? relocating Snookie maybe??
Even the ugly ones
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Cam.O'Dear wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:06 pm O'Dear, so many CCTV cameras and none of them working.

https://www.ezecom.com.kh/
Yeah say's a lot about Ezecom! :roll:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

bucknaked wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:07 pm
I wondered what they were, look like they are only inches above the surface, i figured they were full of something but don't member seeing them sitting high being empty

It's sand dredged from the river bed of the Mekong/ Tonle Sap. It's brought to depots on the banks and either pumped or driven in dump trucks to do landfill.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:46 pm
bucknaked wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:07 pm

It's sand dredged from the river bed of the Mekong/ Tonle Sap. It's brought to depots on the banks and either pumped or driven in dump trucks to do landfill.

There is a huuuuuuuuuge land reclamation project underway not far past the bridge in Chbar Ampouv.

They are filling in an enormous swath just east up the waterway from Koh Pich.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

People also ask
Who builds his house upon the sand?

“And everyone who hears these words of Mine, and does not act upon them, will be like a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand. And every one who hears these my teachings and does not act upon them will be found to resemble a fool who builds his house upon sand.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cam.O'Dear wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:33 pm People also ask
Who builds his house upon the sand?
Pretty much all of Phnom Penh is reclaimed swamp/ wetland/ lake. The whole central area of the country is just an alluvial plain, you often have to go down 40 meters or more to hit bedrock.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

The trees that line the river side of the promenade are blossoming now. The flowers are an understated shade of lilac.
For a while the tour boats were banished from the west bank and they lined up like naughty schoolboys on the east bank, with their noses to the river bank.
Now they're back, jostling for position and showing off their lights as darkness approaches, like peacocks attracting a mate.
The water shimmers in the twilight. And the lights start to reflect on it.
Many people come at this hour now, unafraid of rain showers.
Walking from the Night Market to street 154, I counted 32 empty shop units, not counting the ones being renovated.
NiceGuyLou
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by NiceGuyLou »

Are the coffin shops still open? That business is probably recession proof.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic