Monthly transfer to UK bank account?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Re: Monthly transfer to UK bank account?

Post by Fourkinnel »

There's this on ABA banking. I never used it so far. May be worth a look!
https://www.ababank.com/en/personal/mon ... transfers/
Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Re: Monthly transfer to UK bank account?

Post by Mr.November »

Set up a PayPal or CashApp account in the UK, or any other non-bank money service that can accept small payments.
Then send yourself an invoice to another email address and pay it with an ABA or other Cambodian debit card. Just email yourself a Paypal bill and settle it with a Cambodian card. This usually costs around 3-4%. Then withdraw the funds from Paypal/Cashapp to your proper UK bank account. This is usually free... I use both and works great (but only for small amounts).

If you have a registered business and have a business bank account, you can also set up a merchant account to accept credit cards online and charge your ABA card directly (just 2-2.5% fee). Just send yourself an invoice and pay it. There is a 14 days delay before the funds hit your bank account though. But I think it's the cheapest way.

Usually, the problem is sending small amounts the other way round, from the UK to Cambodia...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic