Two Youths, Aged 22 and 16, Arrested with 3 Kgs of Meth in Phnom Penh Raid

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two Youths, Aged 22 and 16, Arrested with 3 Kgs of Meth in Phnom Penh Raid

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): Police cracked down on drug trafficking and arrested two men with 3kg of the drug metamphetamine in Plaza market, Khan Rousey Keo, Phnom Penh on November 17, 2020.

The authorities reported that the drug raid on November 14, 2020, was conducted by the police of the Anti-drug department, led by lieutenant Kheng Sarath, in cooperation with Phnom Penh police, and was coordinated by Mr. Soeung Moniroth, the prosecutor of Phnom Penh court.
The suspects were identified as Sorn Daro, 22 years old, and Mok Sna, 16 years old. The police confiscated methamphetamine (ICE) weighing close to 3.1 kg, which was disguised in packets of Chinese Green Tea.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Two Youths, Aged 22 and 16, Arrested with 3 Kgs of Meth in Phnom Penh Raid

Post by Brody »

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

More details on this arrest:
18 November 2020
Maj Rithy said they both [the suspects]were charged with “drug possession and trafficking” under Article 40 of the Law on Drug Control.

They both face a life sentence if convicted.

He noted that they were arrested at 9pm on Saturday at the Plaza Market at the outskirts of Phnom Penh in Russey Keo district.
He said they were arrested after they brought drugs to sell to an undercover police officer, who posed as a drug dealer and ordered drugs from them.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50783858/p ... afficking/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

life sentence at 16 and 22..wow.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Life sentences? Damn.

What sentence did that girl get for murdering that poor girl with her Range Rover last year by negligently plowing through an intersection at high speed?

Oh that's right........Papa just cut a check to the grieving family.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

truffledog wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:52 pm life sentence at 16 and 22..wow.
They FACE life sentences. I read this to mean that they may or may not get life sentences.

And it is 3kilos of meth after all, not a few grams here and there. I'm sure these are not the big guys, but how do you deter people from getting mixed up in major drug trafficking ? So many people who look like they haven't got 50,000 riel to rub together are getting busted with kilos of meth.
Btw, anyone have an idea how much a kilo of meth costs ? NOT asking for a friend, but I AM wondering how so many poor villagers etc are scoring kilos of meth when they all look broke.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Considering the street value of a few kg of ice, ya, they are not the financers of this...who provided the ice? I am sure there will be no follow up in the press...

I don't know the exact street value nowadays, but one kg of meth a few years back was about 30k.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

It was always said, that the drug users of meth would not be the lower level people because of the expensive outlay being an expensive drug such as cocaine, these people would use the less expensive Yabba tablet even crushing those too smoke in the same way has Ice.
It makes sense to think these guys probably did not fund these drugs, but more than likely was just carried them for someone else who will never be named. I mean if you was their age and you had money to buy 3kilo of shit like so, I don't think you would ever think of that.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

The Cambodian police are doing some big drug busts, but when you look at the people who are arrested, there's no way that they have enough money to buy 7kgs of meth.

Man arrested with 7kg of meth.
topic41496.html

Or this:
2 Women Arrested with 7kgs of meth.
newsworthy/two-women-arrested-with-meth ... 29248.html
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

If that's how old meth makes you look I'm wondering if I could get away with being 17 but with a very, very serious meth addiction.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic