ER Visa renewal ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Route66
BANNED
Great Britain

ER Visa renewal ?

Post by Route66 »

Can anyone tell me at this time what is needed to extend an ER visa ?
I'm on a month to month rental agreement w/ my landlord. They have the immigration app set as
February 10 2020 - December 10 2020 , for me. My visa expires on Dec. 17th.
In the past ( last June ) all I needed was an address, my PP , $$ ...
Has anything changed ?

Thanks
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: ER Visa renewal ?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Route66 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:33 am Can anyone tell me at this time what is needed to extend an ER visa ?
I'm on a month to month rental agreement w/ my landlord. They have the immigration app set as
February 10 2020 - December 10 2020 , for me. My visa expires on Dec. 17th.
In the past ( last June ) all I needed was an address, my PP , $$ ...
Has anything changed ?
If aged 55+ you can apply for an ER EOS via a Visa agent with no supporting documentation required apart from a screenshot from the property owners FPCS account showing your details.

If under 55, or applying directly at the DoI Visa Office, you will require supporting documentation proving retirement status and sufficient funds/income available.

Some reputable agents have reported that the DoI are cracking down on the issuing of ER EOS's to people under 55, they must have official Government documents proving Retirement/pension status, no more stat decs accepted. However, several people under 55 have reported that the DoI were very lenient on the supporting documentation criteria when applying directly at the DoI Visa office.

FPCS Screenshot required for all Extension of Stay applications...

Route66
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Route66 »

Thankyou. But if I'm applying for a six month renewal does the FPCS screenshot have to cover six months into the future or just need to be current ?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Route66 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:07 pm Thankyou. But if I'm applying for a six month renewal does the FPCS screenshot have to cover six months into the future or just need to be current ?
Just needs to be current
Route66
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Route66 »

Thanks for the help.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Oh and the agent will print out a letter for you to sign stating your not going to work, well that's what mine does
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

atst wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:33 pm Oh and the agent will print out a letter for you to sign stating your not going to work, well that's what mine does
Yea some do, some don't (or they do it on your behalf).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic