Covid 19, how long has it been with us

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Covid 19, how long has it been with us

Post by DaveG »

Covid 19 found in samples much earlier than originally thought,

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 23243.html
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Covid 19, how long has it been with us

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Well, we are aware, without plausible denial,of the highly publicly reported Welch Lad in Wuhan who was confirmed covid positive mid Oct 19.

Cured it like a boss with hot toddy and honey.

Sadly recently died in uni halls in "a tragic accident"

R..I.P

I'm smashed
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I think they are waiting for lab reports on this one, it don't look good though, all these young uns thinking it doesn't affect them, carrying on living as normal then drop down dead 12 months later 😳

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... n-19239316
GreatGrizzlyTed
Tourist

Post by GreatGrizzlyTed »

That's a photo of him in Cambodia isn't it?
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

GreatGrizzlyTed wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:49 am That's a photo of him in Cambodia isn't it?
Yeh, looks like it, 26 years old, be interesting to know how he died, pulmonary embolism or blood clot in the brain maybe!!!,
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Oops, posted this before reading the lead story above,.

Another report:

Evidence of antibodies points to COVID19 in September, 2019, says fresh Reuters report today, Nov. 16

Headline: Coronavirus emerged in Italy earlier than thought, Italian study shows
ROME (Reuters) - The new coronavirus was circulating in Italy since September 2019, a study by the National Cancer Institute (INT) of the Italian city of Milan shows, signaling that COVID-19 might have spread beyond China earlier than previously thought.
. . . [The] Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show that 11,6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020, had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

A further specific SARS-CoV-2 antibodies test was carried out by the University of Siena for the same research titled “Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the pre-pandemic period in Italy”.

It showed that four cases dated back to the first week of October were also positive for antibodies neutralizing the virus, meaning they had got infected in September, Giovanni Apolone, a co-author of the study, told Reuters.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... 7V0KF?il=0
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

This virus must have been all over the globe well before last Xmas, it had 6 months to spread before most countries implemented restrictions, covid free countries my ass!!!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

DaveG wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:03 pm This virus must have been all over the globe well before last Xmas, it had 6 months to spread before most countries implemented restrictions, covid free countries my ass!!!

Every nationality I know of has stories of the worst flu they had last October to December, including Cambodia.

When panic is not being propogated its easy to overlook/assign covid to pneumonia/normal flu etc
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:19 pm
DaveG wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:03 pm This virus must have been all over the globe well before last Xmas, it had 6 months to spread before most countries implemented restrictions, covid free countries my ass!!!

Every nationality I know of has stories of the worst flu they had last October to December, including Cambodia.

When panic is not being propogated its easy to overlook/assign covid to pneumonia/normal flu etc
OK, I'll make it easy for you, just post one original / official document stating Cambodia had an extremely bad flu season from Oct-Dec 2019. Then your statement is credible, at least to me. Now it's just hot air. At least to me.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

We had a good exchange on this topic back in March, started by @jah steu:

"Corona virus already been to Cambodia a few months earlier?"

topic36927.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic