Carload of Drunk Chinese Have a Smackdown at Phnom Penh Traffic Light

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Carload of Drunk Chinese Have a Smackdown at Phnom Penh Traffic Light

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): A group of drunk Chinese men and a woman traveling in a Toyota Prius came to a stop on the road where they quarreled and started beating each other up with blood all over their faces, causing a surprise to the special intervention force in Tuol Kork district, who arrived to separate them and detain them for questioning.

The above incident happened at 10:50 pm on November 13, 2020 along Street 598, at the traffic light at the intersection of street 1986, Sangkat Boeung Kak II, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.

According to sources at the scene, they saw a silver Toyota Prius driven by a Chinese man, with two men and a woman as passengers, speeding along Street 598, when suddenly they stopped the car and got into an argument all over the road until they used violence, causing injuries on both sides, including full face bleeding.
The witness added that he could translate into Khmer that the three Chinese men were really drunk and were competing with each other, and then they started to fight.

A patrol of the Tuol Kork District Inspectorate arrived at the scene to intervene and disperse the group. The Chinese nationals were immediately taken to the Tuol Kork District Inspectorate for questioning.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Carload of Drunk Chinese Have a Smackdown at Phnom Penh Traffic Light

Post by jaynewcastle »

Deport them back home & ban them for 3 years :)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

jaynewcastle wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:10 am Deport them back home & ban them for 3 years :)
Why 3 years? Ban them permanently. They’ve plenty of spares, all from the same pattern.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Gosh I'd love to have seen that live. Like something out of a Hollyweird movie!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

I've been wondering, maybe it's because I'm older now and a bit out of touch.

But what's the deal with everyone whipping out cameras to film stuff?

Especially Cambodians. Is it a status thing and just to post on Facebook?

Do they make money with these videos?

It's got to be one of the two.......I can't picture a Cambodian being arsed to do something unless it involves gaining 'face' or making money.
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:54 am
...a silver Toyota Prius driven by a Chinese man, with two men and a woman as passengers

...Chinese men were really drunk and were competing with each other, and then they started to fight.
Fighting over the woman? :boxing: :stir:
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

FB likes, some are “journalists” but also it’s just what people do. Go to any concert and people will be holding their phone up and watching the concert through the phone screen!

If you want to watch it again get the DVD or whatch it on TV.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Why intervene?
Providing they don’t damage anything that isn’t theirs I would let nature run it’s course and deport the survivors.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Brody wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:42 am
I've been wondering, maybe it's because I'm older now and a bit out of touch.

But what's the deal with everyone whipping out cameras to film stuff?

Especially Cambodians. Is it a status thing and just to post on Facebook?

Do they make money with these videos?

It's got to be one of the two.......I can't picture a Cambodian being arsed to do something unless it involves gaining 'face' or making money.
I think some of them might be amateur reporters, possibly selling pics to these trashy news outlets all over the net?

But yes, I think status and face are involved complicatedly with the narcissism complex that Facebook cultivates. As we know, the Internet doesn't exist in Cambodia, but Facebook does.

Sometimes Cambodians come up and conspicuously take selfies with my "kon barang" daughter in the background, and can be very persistent until they achieve the angle that they want. It puzzles me why people would gain face simply by standing near a cute kid of mixed race, and I can only think to point to the social madness that FB engenders. Whatever gets the comments and the likes, gets them the irrational dopamine hits.
covidsux
Expatriate
Bahamas

Post by covidsux »

Sounds like a Win-Win situation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic