Open Wine

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Open Wine

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'm guessing it's probably easier tax-wise than transferring the name over to a new location and all that. Close the books and then reopen elsewhere.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Franck (French) and Philippe (Brussels) were the Open Wine owners and the menu was French focus.

Brussels is the “capital” of Europe and a real culinary destination.

Philippe wanted to share his love of mussels, endives and ... special beers with regional dishes you can’t find anywhere else.

It’s the same “great quality great value” approach, but with fewer tables.

It’s more like a new book than a new chapter because the atmosphere is more “Gaston” than “Khéma”, so new adventure, new name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I'm guessing it's probably easier tax-wise than transferring the name over to a new location and all that. Close the books and then reopen elsewhere.
This certainly weighted in too

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Nicolas wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:00 am Franck (French) and Philippe (Brussels) were the Open Wine owners and the menu was French focus.

Brussels is the “capital” of Europe and a real culinary destination.

Philippe wanted to share his love of mussels, endives and ... special beers with regional dishes you can’t find anywhere else.

It’s the same “great quality great value” approach, but with fewer tables.

It’s more like a new book than a new chapter because the atmosphere is more “Gaston” than “Khéma”, so new adventure, new name.

I did notice the moules marinieres and a few other interesting items on the menu; braised rabbit in ale and black pudding, red cabbage and mash for example.

Gonna check it out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic