Why are serial banned posters allowed back on the forum?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Why are serial banned posters allowed back on the forum?

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

He's back, I'm sure all the regulars know who he is. We know how it goes, a leopard doesn't change his spots so slowly but surely he'll go for his regular targets.

If you take the trouble to ban someone from the forum, and his last disruption was probably the worst on either K440 or here I've seen over the years, a very nasty character assassination attack on a long time poster, why on earth is he allowed to get back on here without admin taking action.

I know the ghy personally and have enjoyed his company in real life , but it doesnt get away from the fact he has been banned from this forum after being consistently and systematically disruptive.

Grow a big pair of tits admin and ban him even if he's your mate. I think his last banning was universaly approved by all the regulars.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Why are serial banned posters allowed back on the forum?

Post by John Bingham »

I'm perplexed, I honestly have no idea who it is.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Last edited by Ghostwriter on Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigBoobsBob
Expatriate

Post by BigBoobsBob »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:09 am I'm perplexed, I honestly have no idea who it is.
The guy who made the nasty character attack on a longtime poster?
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

Gosh so i now i have been busted i thought i was getting away with it...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:06 am He's back, I'm sure all the regulars know who he is. We know how it goes, a leopard doesn't change his spots so slowly but surely he'll go for his regular targets.

If you take the trouble to ban someone from the forum, and his last disruption was probably the worst on either K440 or here I've seen over the years, a very nasty character assassination attack on a long time poster, why on earth is he allowed to get back on here without admin taking action.

I know the ghy personally and have enjoyed his company in real life , but it doesnt get away from the fact he has been banned from this forum after being consistently and systematically disruptive.

Grow a big pair of tits admin and ban him even if he's your mate. I think his last banning was universaly approved by all the regulars.
I've said it before, and it seems that I need to say it again, so here goes,
Moderators have a life outside the forum, believe it or not. We have work, we have families, and we have other interests. No Moderator is online 24/7 looking under rocks for previously banned members.
Up until a couple of years back, I actually read every post that was posted. Now, I just don't have time for that, plus, as also previously mentioned, modding is a thankless task. Why should I need to the only vigilant one when we have wonderful posters like you who can . . .

use the Reporting Function and make our life a little easier. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank You!

:facepalm:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Oh, and just to add,,,,, when a member reports that they think that this new poster is 'youknowwho', it will be investigated, and looked into for evidence.
Just because a members reports as above doesn't mean that the other member being reported will immediately vanish from the forum.
Some members do report potential serial banned members, but as it turns out they are incorrect, or there is not enough evidence to act immediately, so we will wait for them to 'slip up'.

Do us a favor, will you?
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:06 am He's back, I'm sure all the regulars know who he is. We know how it goes, a leopard doesn't change his spots so slowly but surely he'll go for his regular targets.

Careful circling the craggy top of that troll caldera, Cowshed. I understand the pain and puss of identifying repeat trolls easily or quickly (it's a gift) and the frustration of having to wait as the Mod process grinds along while the labia rag continues to run amok on the boards - it can be frustrating, for sure. Poor Username Taken has had to endure a few PMs from myself trying to take a few down (usually the same one) with me being a little over zealous about the whole thing.

Report the suspect, maybe follow up in a couple of days with mods to see what's up, be a little patient, .....then RELEASE THE HOUNDS and drag the whole place to hell until you get rid of him.

I advise against the last suggestion as you'll only annoy those (mods) who actually do their best to keep the place in order.

I understand your frustration completely though, Cowshed.
BigBoobsBob
Expatriate

Post by BigBoobsBob »

Why are posters allowed to start threads bitching and moaning about moderation activity, or lack of moderation activity, that they disagree with? I thought that was forbidden.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

BigBoobsBob wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 am Why are posters allowed to start threads bitching and moaning about moderation activity, or lack of moderation activity, that they disagree with? I thought that was forbidden.
Because sometimes we all get a little frustrated and CEO brass understand that. Especially when it concerns long-serving regular contributors.

That's my hunch.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic