It’s a sad sad sight

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

It’s a sad sad sight

Post by atst »

Sitting on riverside watching the old folks walking around with masks on, what they thinking?
I know a few oldies in NZ and AUS who are to scared to leave their homes since March.
I used to think mountain climbing, diving, shy diving was dangerous but not now, going to the shop to buy milk and bread you’re risking you life if you catch this chinese virus.
I know many people are also mentally drained with all this shit, I’m one of them. Yes life could be a lot worse but I can’t see a bright side to this shit.
Watching people and myself included walking around with a mask with the fear of catching some virus that may kill you is not fun.
Is beer at home the only answer?
:facepalm:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: It’s a sad sad sight

Post by phuketrichard »

past few months, only time i wear a mask is entering a mall,( an being inside one) or a 7/11
i'd say here in Phuket, less than 50% of locals & farangs wear them as well

I still find it amusing tho seeing a thai driving a car alone, wearing a mask
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

mask aren't to protect the wearer
but to stop them spreading it if they happen to be infected

consequently, wearing a mask says 'i am being careful not to spread it, if i happen to have it'
and not wearing a mask says 'idgaf, suck my virus'

monstra mihi bona!
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

Mate give them a break, they have very little to protect themselves, they need to do all they can.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

It's just weird and unmanly having to go out with a mask on, maybe I'm getting old but it just doesn't seem right.
:beer:
I want to die fucking, falling off a cliff , driving to fast, in a plane crash going on holiday, not catching some virus at the shop.
Let me choose the risk
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Fucking, falling off a cliff.
Hmm. Interesting.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I'm glass half full on this..

At least we can get around whilst taking care.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:17 pm I'm glass half full on this..

At least we can get around whilst taking care.
Well that's cheered me up thanks. Yes maybe laugh about this in few months let's hope
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

You’re not alone in feeling the absurdity of it all.

I’m in France at present, and the paranoia is rife. Measures are one thing, but some of this?

I’m in a hotel in Marseille. There are only aircrew here; Ethiopian, some DHL, and us. I think less than a dozen, all in. Yesterday was a wonderful, calm, sunny day. Edging into the twenties, Celsius. The hotel is deserted, and regulations say we are confined to our rooms, except to go to work, come back from work, to visit reception to order food, or to venture out within 1km, for exercise, alone. Enforceable by police presence.
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

atst wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:34 pm Sitting on riverside watching the old folks walking around with masks on, what they thinking?
I know a few oldies in NZ and AUS who are to scared to leave their homes since March.
I used to think mountain climbing, diving, shy diving was dangerous but not now, going to the shop to buy milk and bread you’re risking you life if you catch this chinese virus.
I know many people are also mentally drained with all this shit, I’m one of them. Yes life could be a lot worse but I can’t see a bright side to this shit.
Watching people and myself included walking around with a mask with the fear of catching some virus that may kill you is not fun.
Is beer at home the only answer?
:facepalm:
I look forward to having a beer or three when I eventually get back mate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic