Bars to close in PP

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Bars to close in PP

Post by Doc67 »

I heard the some of the bars have been told to close in PP, the 'entertainment' ones.

Anyone heard this too and/or whether they will stop at just those types or if it will be more extensive?

Wanna chime in here @jah steu ?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Bars to close in PP

Post by Brody »

I don't think your shout out worked Doc. Lets try this.

@jah steu

I don't know whats going on but just now, a RCAF plated PassApp style tuk-tuk was rolling around our neighborhood, draped in COVID related posters and some blathering in Khmer over the loud speaker.
camgolian
Expatriate
Mongolia

Post by camgolian »

What's the deal? Aren't there like less than 20 cases here?
Nanook
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Nanook »

Looks like they will be closed. Copied the following from ABC news:
Cambodians marked their Independence Day holiday Monday, but new coronavirus restrictions kept them from celebrating at karaoke parlors, beer gardens, museums, cinemas and other entertainment venues which have been ordered shut until further notice.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

This seems clear enough - all from government or from official news sources:

Entertainment Places Across the Country Closed Down from Today Onwards

8 Nov 2020
All KTVs, entertainment clubs, cinemas, and museums throughout the country are ordered to shut down from today until further notice.
newsworthy/information-coronavirus-camb ... ml#p455898

Or if not:
newsworthy/information-coronavirus-camb ... ml#p455854
newsworthy/information-coronavirus-camb ... ml#p456082
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

camgolian wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:38 pm What's the deal? Aren't there like less than 20 cases here?
Explanatory thread on the principal reason for the latest measures against Covid-19:
newsworthy/self-isolation-after-contact ... 41526.html

It is not particularly fair that the ordinary people are made to pay for the negligence of the higher-ups, but that's the way it is.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Nanook wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:47 pm Looks like they will be closed. Copied the following from ABC news:
Cambodians marked their Independence Day holiday Monday, but new coronavirus restrictions kept them from celebrating at karaoke parlors, beer gardens, museums, cinemas and other entertainment venues which have been ordered shut until further notice.

I saw nowhere closed last night, and I was out until dawn
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:40 pm
Nanook wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:47 pm Looks like they will be closed. Copied the following from ABC news:

I saw nowhere closed last night, and I was out until dawn
Yes, seems like bars are still open. But the beer gardens, KTVs and places like Pontoon were shut last night. I guess bars are getting around it by claiming to be restaurants.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

camgolian wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:38 pm What's the deal? Aren't there like less than 20 cases here?
lol

monstra mihi bona!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

BREAKING: Among 1,143, Only Three Tested Positive of COVID19
10/11/20 15:56
Phnom Penh (FN), Nov. 9 – Ministry of Health’s Secretary of State Youk Sambath told Fresh News on 9 November 2020 that as of 11 p.m, among the 1,143 people tested today, only three were positive.

“Among 1,143 tested on 9 November, only three were infected [Hungarian Ambassador to Cambodia; Cambodian Lawmaker Suos Yara; and Deputy Director-general at the Ministry of Agriculture Sar Chetra]. They are now in good conditions,” Sambath said.

As of 9 November, Cambodia has confirmed 300 cases of COVID19 with 288 recoveries and no death.
=FRESH NEWS
Hopefully this gets nipped in the bud and we can all get on with our busy and productive lives without disruption.

:beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic