How to get a free beer

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: How to get a free beer

Post by atst »

I was one of the guys thinking the same as you, negative from two test no need for third just isolation for 14days but plenty of people end up testing positive on the third test so be safe isolated and get the day 13test , you don't want to be responsible for your mates/partners getting sick.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Love the righeous law-abiding citizens on this forum. So trustworthy. No fingers pointed. :beer3:
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Post by WizBall »

So just for clarification is it 13 days or 14? If I arrived on the 1st and had my initial test early evening that day will I be good to report to the hospital for the last test on the 14th? Can't wait to get out of isolation and start doing things.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

WizBall wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:00 pm So just for clarification is it 13 days or 14? If I arrived on the 1st and had my initial test early evening that day will I be good to report to the hospital for the last test on the 14th? Can't wait to get out of isolation and start doing things.
The day you arrive in country is now counted as day zero. Day after arrival is day 1, you go for your 2nd test on day 13.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

siliconlife wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:57 pm Love the righeous law-abiding citizens on this forum. So trustworthy. No fingers pointed. :beer3:
It's about being responsible, and following the policies implemented by the country we choose to live in, so that we are not subjected to further restrictions.

I personally do not fear the virus itself, but what I do fear is the Governments reaction....and my point has been proven.

See what I wrote below on a post on K440 2 or 3 weeks ago, and look what has now happened because a Foreign delegation was allowed to enter Cambodia and were not subject to quarantine.

"The main risks we face from those not adhering to the requirements of self-quarantine for the remaining 14 days after release from mandatory monitored quarantine, are stricter restrictions implemented in the event there is any community transmission.

If we start seeing community transmission, the Govt could start imposing lockdowns, closing schools again, restaurants, bars, mandatory 14 day monitored hotel quarantine on arrival, etc....all of which would have a far greater impact on peoples livelihoods and the economy than that of the actual virus itself.

It's 14 days total for fk sake, it's not that difficult...there is no excuse for disobeying government directives and going to pool parties, bars, etc. Like that cheese eating surrender monkey in SR who then tested positive on day 13.... numpties like that will fk it up for everyone else."

Personally I think that governments just need to open everything up and allow life to return to normality, the world needs a thinning of the herd every now and then ;)
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

I agree 100%, and a 2 week isolation is no problem - I am a veteran of the month-long total lockdown in NZ, the partial lockdowns that followed it, a partial lockdown in Greece and three days of the UK lockdown (although from what I saw, Londoners pretty much went on as normal). I have 30 books on my kindle, a dozen movies on my laptop, and if all that runs out I will watch old episodes of Tipping Point and QI on Youtube. I may not emerge from isolation with quite the same degree of sanity, but I doubt anyone will notice.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

WizBall wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:00 pm So just for clarification is it 13 days or 14? If I arrived on the 1st and had my initial test early evening that day will I be good to report to the hospital for the last test on the 14th? Can't wait to get out of isolation and start doing things.
Your first day of freedom may well correspond with the first day of bar closures...
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:56 am
Your first day of freedom may well correspond with the first day of bar closures...
Well thats just great, bloody great. To think I spent a month sorting out paperwork and visa, three days travelling (Greece - UK - Singapore - PNH) just to get a beer and a smile from a cute girl on Street 136, and they are going to close the bars? What do these people have against me? Its so unfair
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Post by WizBall »

It's must be a message from a higher power can't work out if he's saving me or punishing me!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

WizBall wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am
It's must be a message from a higher power can't work out if he's saving me or punishing me!
The "higher power" is currently in isolation with his missus. As he's not having any fun, he's not going to tolerate anyone else enjoying themselves. Don't take it too personally!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic