All PP schools closed again (and Reopen)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: All PP schools closed again

Post by Freightdog »

simon.sayed wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:27 pm Fuck sake man, just got back 6 weeks ago and now this bullshit??
I've only just got my visa, after much argument. I'm now committed to being at work for another month, what with all the European reactions going on....
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

Well I’m not surprised, I heard a wee whisper of the possibility on Friday! Here’s hoping it only lasts 2 weeks, I much prefer teaching kids onsite compared to online, and of course much better for the students also. It’s looking like a crazy winter ahead for all is on the cards! Take care!
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

simon.sayed wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:27 pm Fuck sake man, just got back 6 weeks ago and now this bullshit??
You do realise its all over the world, apart from perhaps Antartica.

Think N Korea still say they're immune from it too, though nobody believes them :)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

xandreu wrote:This is of course assuming there is no large outbreak of the disease.
Since there is no mass testing of the local population, no one knows.

After Iron Man met the Hungarian minister and before he tested positive, he went to give a speech at a local school. Entire school went into quarantine. The big wigs were sent to quarantine at Sokha hotel, while everyone else was sent somewhere far outside Phnom Penh to quarantine.

And yes, no virus in North Korea. Just like in Cambodia, the virus is something that occurs outside the country. The solution, outsiders don’t come in.

Local troops shot the South Korean official in his boat who strayed too close to their waters.
Josideb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Josideb »

Heard some schools are keeping their teachers on 50% because of this recent closure. One other I heard of is currently 15 days late and counting
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

Sheepdog wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:14 pm Well I’m not surprised, I heard a wee whisper of the possibility on Friday! Here’s hoping it only lasts 2 weeks, I much prefer teaching kids onsite compared to online, and of course much better for the students also. It’s looking like a crazy winter ahead for all is on the cards! Take care!
totally agreee, 'teaching' online is not real teaching. No interaction, no group dynamic etc, and incredibly boring as well.
simon.sayed
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by simon.sayed »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:22 pm
You do realise its all over the world, apart from perhaps Antartica.

Think N Korea still say they're immune from it too, though nobody believes them :)
I mean back at work, ach well man another week online it is
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

God'sGift wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:13 pm
Sheepdog wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:14 pm Well I’m not surprised, I heard a wee whisper of the possibility on Friday! Here’s hoping it only lasts 2 weeks, I much prefer teaching kids onsite compared to online, and of course much better for the students also. It’s looking like a crazy winter ahead for all is on the cards! Take care!
totally agreee, 'teaching' online is not real teaching. No interaction, no group dynamic etc, and incredibly boring as well.
I'd assume it isn't so bad for older students but I'd imagine little kids being a nightmare. Not for me, thanks.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

xandreu wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:40 pm
I'd assume it isn't so bad for older students but I'd imagine little kids being a nightmare. Not for me, thanks.
....bummer and no parent-teacher conferences either.........right xandreu. :wink:
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

xandreu wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:40 pm
You would be correct with that assumption! I teach G4 kids and getting them to complete assignments with the distractions going on at home is very difficult. Also some kids have dodgy WiFi connections or just can’t be bothered and want to play video games. I don’t really blame them, I’d probably be doing the same thing at that age in this situation!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic