Embassy interview is coming

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Embassy interview is coming

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:43 pm
rockyboy612 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:27 pm In the land full of middle men among middle men, i wonder why they even bothered getting the license in the first place. They bulk purchase from the main big telcos anyway, they could have just named themselves as resellers.
What, can you translate into english for us dummies please?
I think this post was for another thread, maybe about the one about the recent loss of telecoms licences to defunct companies recently. Or the poster is bonkers.
BigBoobsBob
Expatriate

Post by BigBoobsBob »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:41 am
At Raffles, she met quite a few on the Cambodian special.

Pay $4000, and be guided through the entire process. All paperwork handled, appointments made. Just called about when and where to show up. And coached on the interview. With a guarantee of unlimited attempts until pass.
This is a scam right? No one can promise unlimited interview attempts, the embassy generally interviews each beneficiary once.

The petition has to be filed by the American as you know, the foreign beneficiary just provides some biographic info and has to gather police clearance, medical certificate, etc. I don't know why anyone would pay $400 for that and some practice interviews.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

What he means is that these companies will refile the paperwork for you an unlimited number of times. You pay the visa processing fees of course.

They're hit or miss. I checked over the paperwork of a friend of a friend who was denied to my home country twice and for her father's source of income, they'd stapled a bunch of random car sales invoices (from different tears/months, totally random). They had also messed up and out his yearly salary as like $300k/year, while she worked as a junior manager on like $280-300 or something, which obviously is a red flag. They're good at taking your money though!
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Interview was about 5 minutes. Conducted entirely in English. No translator called in. Embassy officer was complaining that missus brought a him big book of evidence for him to skim through. After reading about and hearing the horror stories, not sure if it was because Missus was well prepared, the years at ACE building up her skills and confidence, or because the embassy and had already decided to grant the visa before she even stepped in for the interview.

Questions were simple. How did you meet? Have you met the parents in law? Questions and tone akin to meeting stranger at a potluck luncheon, as not a life or death formal embassy interview.

Now we can more forward with our lives.

Next, buying an airplane ticket.

And cleaning the man dump, otherwise known as home, to female standards. An impossible task.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Great news, congratulations
up to you...
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

congrats,
am sure she will love the lockdown in Texas

and SHOPPING
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

phuketrichard wrote:congrats,
am sure she will love the lockdown in Texas

and SHOPPING
Thank you ya’all for the well wishes.

No lockdown in this part of Texas, except for wearing masks and social distancing. But numbers are increasing, so it’s possible.

Plus, she’s not a big time shopper or mall rat. She likes cleaning. And growing plants. And this internet stuff. Facebook, Thai movies. And traveling. The outdoors is always open. From beaches to mountains to desert. And she tried fishing once and loved it.

If it comes to a lockdown, no one happier than to be locked down with. Be almost a year since I’ve been with the one for me.

I get to start my life over ... soon.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

:beer3: Wish you both happiness.

But please feel free to come on here and explain any problems your wife may encounter when she moves to the US. That could be useful for other people contemplating the same move, and I often wonder how Cambodian brides get on when they move to their husband's country, regarding temperatures and general culture and all the differences.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Just about to get the next green card for my wife, she can apply for citizenship in a year. After application it’ll take 1-2 years for them to process it. The process is just painfully long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic