The truth about Thai people

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Re: The truth about Thai people

Post by Sir Stephen »

xandreu wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:29 am I don't doubt your story, but I honest think (and I don't say this maliciously) you need to look at your own character and ask yourself why you appear to attract these types of people and form these types of relationships.
Just to be clear, this is not my story. I am just the messenger quoting an article from https://truepattaya.org/2019/07/19/the- ... ai-people/

I thought it was funny (in a very strange way) and interesting to share and why I made a sarcastic opening post with rolling eyes. Like the big man that say: 'we love them all the same' :D
The person who write this below loves Thai people all the same... :roll:
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Sounds like yet another hapless bar girl victim. If he had hooked up with a Caucasian Las Vegas stripper instead of Thai bar girls, the outcome probably would have been "all the same". Next.

I find the tidbit that Thais don't talk to each other / don't have fun at parties particularly disturbing. It could be argued that partying is the only thing they are world class in, so if they don't enjoy themselves at a party, it must be the company.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

A decade of his life down the plug hole living in a place he hated, that's got to hurt.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:27 am A decade of his life down the plug hole living in a place he hated, that's got to hurt.
And this type of person never learns to fix what is wrong in their lives. They don’t want a solution they just want to whine and whinge to anyone who will listen.
Expressing your feelings while we not not being prepared to act on a solution leaves a person in a place that is far from ideal.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

See above.

The guy should:
1. Learn some Thai. (Bet he sucks at the language.)
2. Find a better class of people to hang out with.
3. Move out of Whoretown.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:36 pm See above.

The guy should:
1. Go back home
Fixed for ya
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

alexvanlaar wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:10 am
Strawberryshake wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:09 am Begs the question if Thai people are so dumb how come so-many farang expats end up going home broke?
Because they have a pussy, Smartass!
You sound frustrated how much did you loose ? 👍
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

I could be lucky or a rare case of foreigner happily living in Land of Smile for 15 years. Looking for more happy and good years ahead here.

If you visit my thread here in CEO it bears testimony to my happy life with nice Thais

Welcome to my thread thailand-news-and-discussion/land-smile ... ml#p450131
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

yong wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:53 pm I could be lucky or a rare case of foreigner happily living in Land of Smile for 15 years. Looking for more happy and good years ahead here.

If you visit my thread here in CEO it bears testimony to my happy life with nice Thais

Welcome to my thread thailand-news-and-discussion/land-smile ... ml#p450131
Thank you Yong. We all need some positive news sometimes. :thumb:
Every country has its good and bad points. Some foreigners focus on everything that is not ok. There is much to criticise in SEA, but as a foreigner you have a choice about whether you want to live in SEA or not.
I enjoy your celebration of life in a foreign country.
Cheers and beers :beer3:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Personally, I applaud the individual at the source of this tale for venturing out, and having a look. I applaud his/her/it’s initial effort at a sense of adventure.
Sadly, though, that’s where it ended. It would appear that they fall into that category of people who should never venture much beyond their home state/county/village boundary. At least, not for the first few visits to places foreign. If the local food, lingo, skin colour and culture are all different from what is familiar and comfortable, then expect to be challenged.

To such folk, I suggest a trip to the nearest Walmart that they’ve not yet visited, and see how different it might be.
Eat a Wendy’s instead of a Maccy-D.
Use chopsticks at home for a bracing challenge.
Learn to synchronise knife and fork usage, while not emptying the dinner plate onto the best table cloth.

Maybe map-reading needs to become part of school curriculums. Maps with messages like ‘ere be dragons’ might help equip these feeble minds with some caution to temper their ambitions.
Learning to swim in the shallow end before venturing beyond 1.5m.

I can’t think of anything worse in the world of travel into the unknown, than arriving there to find it the same as where I was. Clearly, for some folk, the reverse is true.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic