The truth about Thai people

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: The truth about Thai people

Post by truffledog »

Strawberryshake wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:09 am Begs the question if Thai people are so dumb how come so-many farang expats end up going home broke?
there is a fair share of dumb farang expats..pussy power is strong in Thailand.
work is for people who cant find truffles
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

If I was a Thai reading this, my only question would be, why don't you go back home and if you need help to pack I will be round like a shot.
I have lived and worked in several Middle East countries, including Saudi, and in Myanmar and Vietnam . All of those places have their faults from a European perspective mainly because we come from a different culture and don't quite 'get' theirs. And sure I have sat around with other expats and grumbled about things that pissed me off, but in the end it is all part of living in an alien environment and if everything was the same as home why would anyone travel? The OP is a Trump-size buffoon.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

Strawberryshake wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:09 am Begs the question if Thai people are so dumb how come so-many farang expats end up going home broke?
Because they have a pussy, Smartass!
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:45 pm You might have missed this one : https://truepattaya.org/2019/08/20/youn ... ke-dwarfs/
Lol, probably the subway sandwiches.
Asian gals are getting some booty. And this tool is complaining. Sheesh!
covidsux
Expatriate
Bahamas

Post by covidsux »

Nothing like a nice racist rant for breakfast
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

couldn't get past the first few paragraphs,
what a load of BS<
obviously never ventured put of Pattaya bars
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Definitely some exaggeration but a lot of it is spot on.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Marty wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:25 am Definitely some exaggeration but a lot of it is spot on.
Do you live in Pattaya too? 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

This was the best thing in that article. They seem alright to me.

xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I lived in Thailand for several years and my experience could not be further from yours.

I don't doubt your story, but I honest think (and I don't say this maliciously) you need to look at your own character and ask yourself why you appear to attract these types of people and form these types of relationships.

I'm not saying all Thai's are angels, I'm saying that while you have no control over how others act, you do have control over the company you keep and the reason why certain types of people seem to be attracted to you.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic